+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

does Unfinished Master degree calculate points?

Konica

Mar 24, 2017
Hello everyone:

I really need your help, because EE took a month didn't even answer my question.
I have a finished Bachelor degree, and studied 2 years of my master degree, I finished all the course with good standing, only didn't write my final essay. So how much point should I get from my education? The system just totally ignored my master degree study. I saw the website, it said if you have one year master degree study, you will have extra points for that, so I have two, shouldn't it have points too?

Thank you all for your help!

Konica

Mar 24, 2017
I just want to know should I choose 2 or more degrees that one, should I have 119 points or this? If yes, please teach me how to choose those options please! No matter how I choose, my points is only equal one degree. According to the website, I should have 119 I think?

Konica

Mar 24, 2017
slash_splash said:
Why do you think unfinished degree would count points?
on the official websites says: if you have one year master studies, you are qualify for two or more degree. So I think I have two, it should be qualified.

Reactions: KOKIKKK

Konica

Mar 24, 2017
It says: one year graduate study with a focal in area of concentration? My study was Computer science, it should be more than qualify? Because I have two years instead of one?

Konica

Mar 24, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
You'll get your points once you finish your degree.
But it didn't say I have to finish it? It only says one-year graduate study with a focal in area of concentration.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/anybody-got-one-year-graduate-study-in-wes-report-t264792.0.html

Your answer should be there.

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Konica said:
But it didn't say I have to finish it? It only says one-year graduate study with a focal in area of concentration.
Well well...
Dear, no country in the world gives you any benefit for your incomplete study. How could you expect that your unfinished study would provide you with extra points?? :eek:

First, finish your master's degree and then you are qualified for your points.

As of now, you are qualified for only your bachelor's degree. Consider that only for your CRS.

Regarding your doubt,
It surely says that they would give extra points for 1 or 2 year's master's degree, but the thing you didn't notice is that it should be complete.
I'd suggest you to again check the CIC CRS calculator website, in which it is clearly written that you have to provide your ECA report for all your educational credentials earned OUTSIDE Canada.
Now, the thing is that how is it possible for you to get your ECA report for master's degree which is not yet finished??? :p

Many candidates are being rejected every single day because of this type of misunderstandings only.
Beware...

Hope it clears your throat..

Konica

Mar 24, 2017
jpv2212 said:
Well well...
Dear, no country in the world gives you any benefit for your incomplete study. How could you expect that your unfinished study would provide you with extra points?? :eek:

As of now, you are qualified for only your bachelor's degree. Consider that only for your CRS.

Regarding your doubt,
It surely says that they would give extra points for 1 or 2 year's master's degree, but the thing you didn't notice is that it should be complete.
I'd suggest you to again check the CIC CRS calculator website, in which it is clearly written that you have to provide your ECA report for all your educational credentials earned OUTSIDE Canada.
Now, the thing is that how is it possible for you to get your ECA report for master's degree which is not yet finished??? :p

Many candidates are being rejected every single day because of this type of misunderstandings only.
Beware...

On my ECA report: it says "two years of graduate study", so i think it is more than
One. That sentence has to change if what you say is true.

Konica

Mar 24, 2017
jpv2212 said:
Well well...

Regarding your doubt,

Beware...

So my ECA says "two-years of graduate study", should be it more than "one-year graduate study"? I am really confused....

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Konica said:
So my ECA says "two-years of graduate study", should be it more than "one-year graduate study"? I am really confused....
Could you provide me the EXACT line which is written in your ECA report, please ??

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Konica said:
On my ECA report: it says "two years of graduate study", so i think it is more than
One. That sentence has to change if what you say is true.
It is still 1 diploma. The bachelor one that you got. No, you cannot count 2 diplomas yet.

Konica

Mar 24, 2017
jpv2212 said:
Could you provide me the EXACT line which is written in your ECA report, please ??
"Bachelor's degree (four years) and two years of graduate study"

The graduate study was focused on "computer networks and distributed systems" (though WES report doesn't say that).
Left "in good standing but no diploma awarded" (completed all courses, 3.93 GPA, just haven't finished the final thesis/project, hence no degree awarded).

Thanks

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Konica said:
"Bachelor's degree (four years) and two years of graduate study"

The graduate study was focused on "computer networks and distributed systems" (though WES report doesn't say that).
Left "in good standing but no diploma awarded" (completed all courses, 3.93 GPA, just haven't finished the final thesis/project, hence no degree awarded).

Thanks
Ok, there is our answer - no diploma awarded. No diploma, no CRS points. All you need to do is to finish it. and you will get them.