+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does unemployment for extended period of time affect the process

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
But i think housewife does qualify as a proof of residence because she has kids and she js taking care of them right?
I am not sure what do you mean by that. Is this about unemployment or proof of residence? The threat is about unemployement or proof of residence?

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
I am not sure what do you mean by that. Is this about unemployment or proof of residence? The threat is about unemployement or proof of residence?
Both are linked right, my concern with unemployment periods is the proof of residence and not being unemployed itself. Because i think that employment is the strongest physical presence ties

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Both are linked right, my concern with unemployment periods is the proof of residence and not being unemployed itself. Because i think that employment is the strongest physical presence ties
Not necessarily, let say you never left Canada since you moved here and you never worked during your eligibility period in this case employment is not the strongest physical presence ties. Your last entry into Canada can be found easily by CBSA.If you traveled a lot during your eligibility period and you recorded your absences exactly without missing any date, I do not think unemployment will be a problem here.Also keep in mind that there are a lot of other way to proof your residency if you were asked to.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Not necessarily, let say you never left Canada since you moved here and you never worked during your eligibility period in this case employment is not the strongest physical presence ties. Your last entry into Canada can be found easily by CBSA.If you traveled a lot during your eligibility period and you recorded your absences exactly without missing any date, I do not think unemployment will be a problem here.Also keep in mind that there are a lot of other way to proof your residency if you were asked to.
I agree, could you please tell me some other ways too. Specially that i will be staying with a friend for the first couple of months before renting or something.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
I agree, could you please tell me some other ways too. Specially that i will be staying with a friend for the first couple of months before renting or something.
If you have a checking account your bank statement can be used as proof of residency. You will be using your money here in Canada to support yourself all your transactions inside Canada can be used as proof of physical presence. Same goes this your credit card statement.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
If you have a checking account your bank statement can be used as proof of residency. You will be using your money here in Canada to support yourself all your transactions inside Canada can be used as proof of physical presence. Same goes this your credit card statement.
True i think that's good too

omerhaha

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
True i think that's good too
There is very important customs act which will be implemented this summer , it says CBSA will know everyone leaving Canada , the exact date and port of leaving Canada, so it will not be a problem for IRCC to know if you was in Canada during the eligibility period or not

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
There is very important customs act which will be implemented this summer , it says CBSA will know everyone leaving Canada , the exact date and port of leaving Canada, so it will not be a problem for IRCC to know if you was in Canada during the eligibility period or not
Yes i have read that it will be implemented in June but from what I read its only to trips to the US right?

omerhaha

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Yes i have read that it will be implemented in June but from what I read its only to trips to the US right?
Not only United States , it is for every passenger leaving Canada by an international flight , trips between US and Canada are monitored since some years ago , and the new amendment to the act make it for passengers of every international flight leaving Canada

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Perfect, that makes sense thank you

omerhaha

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
[Entry and exit information
Canada collects basic biographic information on travellers who enter and leave the country by land to ensure complete travel history information is available, thereby strengthening the management of our border.

Biographic entry information is routinely collected directly from all travellers entering Canada upon presentation to a CBSA officer at a port of entry as part of the primary inspection process. Canada also collects exit information in the land mode. Canada receives biographic entry information from the United States (U.S.) on all travellers who enter the U.S. through a land border crossing, thereby enabling the creation of a Canadian exit record.

Regulatory amendments for the air mode are expected to come into force in Summer 2020. Once fully implemented in the air mode, Canada will collect basic exit information directly from air carriers through passenger manifests. Exit information collected in the air mode will not be shared with the U.S.

The collection of exit information enhances the CBSA’s ability to manage border security by closing the loop on an individual's travel history. This allows the CBSA to focus efforts and resources towards unknown or higher risk travellers.

The collection and exchange of basic biographic information is seamless to the traveller and does not impact the traveller experience.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Perfect I have just read online now too, because them mentioning the US made me think it will only be applied to the US but I think its international