+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Tourist Visa refusal to USA cause worries

dhruv_delhi

Jun 25, 2019
After getting ITA we are asked "Has XYZ ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"
I was refused a US visitor visa once. I understand that I need to be honest about this, but does this hinder my chances of getting a PR.
Also, would adding an explanation help?
Anything else I can do to limit the chances of rejection due to this?

davobod

Star Member
Aug 18, 2017
After getting ITA we are asked "Has XYZ ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"
I was refused a US visitor visa once. I understand that I need to be honest about this, but does this hinder my chances of getting a PR.
No it doesn't. Only ensure that you declare it on your application. Include a short note stating date + reason for the refusal. Failure to declare such information is usually grounds for misrepresentation because it'll often be discovered during background check due to info sharing agreement with most countries.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
It will be a hindrance if you decide to not declare it, otherwise not. Be Honest and answer all questions truthfully, you won't have any problem in getting a PR.

dhruv_delhi

Jun 25, 2019
thanks for the replies.
Another question I am not sure if I have any document stating the reason for US visa rejection. If you are aware, they hand out a piece of paper which I think I have lost unfortunately. I can somehow get the date of rejection but what should I state in the reason for rejection ? I dont want to write anything and risk the fact that they have something different in their system.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
thanks for the replies.
Another question I am not sure if I have any document stating the reason for US visa rejection. If you are aware, they hand out a piece of paper which I think I have lost unfortunately. I can somehow get the date of rejection but what should I state in the reason for rejection ? I dont want to write anything and risk the fact that they have something different in their system.
No problem if you don't remember the date or have the rejection letter with you. Select "yes" for the rejection dropdown question, you don't need to explain anything why you were rejected unless you are asked to.