+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

does time spent in Canada on a visitor record count toward citizenship requireme

abedelia

Star Member
Oct 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am currently in the process of applying for PR to Canada. Someday I may apply for citizenship. I have been inside of Canada since July 2009 on a visitor record. Does this time count toward my citizenship residence requirement? Also, what records should I start keeping now (if any) to make my application for citizenship smoother (in terms of trips I take, making sure I can document my presence in Canada, etc.).

Thanks!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

abedelia said:
I am currently in the process of applying for PR to Canada. Someday I may apply for citizenship. I have been inside of Canada since July 2009 on a visitor record. Does this time count toward my citizenship residence requirement? Also, what records should I start keeping now (if any) to make my application for citizenship smoother (in terms of trips I take, making sure I can document my presence in Canada, etc.).

Thanks!
You can count 1/2 the time as visitor prior to PR to a maximum of 1 year total when you apply for citizenship. Keep track of your times outside Canada.

PMM