+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

does the reference letter need to include the NOC code?

lili2307338

Mar 12, 2016
Hello, I have a question regarding on the reference letter. Should reference letters include the NOC code? I had a canadian employer and a foreign employer, but of them can provide reference letter. But should I require them put the NOC code in the letters?

Theoretically, the reference letter should be applicable for other usage, right? No one will know what NOC is except for CIC. So is it normal to include the NOC code or not?

Thank you very much.

coolhyd

Jun 1, 2012
lili2307338 said:
Hello, I have a question regarding on the reference letter. Should reference letters include the NOC code? I had a canadian employer and a foreign employer, but of them can provide reference letter. But should I require them put the NOC code in the letters?

Theoretically, the reference letter should be applicable for other usage, right? No one will know what NOC is except for CIC. So is it normal to include the NOC code or not?

Thank you very much.
No need to include NOC code.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You don't need to mention the noc code.

However, a reference or experience letter from the employer, must be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),

In addition, a reference letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.

Please Note, the noc code should be match as your job descriptions, you also can send an email to HRSDC mentioning your duties and responsibilities. They will review your duties and match them with their NOC database. After the review, they will contact you with your NOC code.

Follow this link below,
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/SendUsEmail.aspx

Reactions: Ramanjeetkaur1994

lili2307338

Mar 12, 2016
coolhyd said:
No need to include NOC code.
Thank you for your information sir. I will try to let my employer write an regular reference letter without the NOC code then and see how it goes.

I also think that my employer has no idea what NOC code. If I want them to write the NOC code, it takes time for them to investigate before they can write it on paper.

lili2307338

Mar 12, 2016
Meya06 said:

However, a reference or experience letter from the employer, must be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),

In addition, a reference letter should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.

Please Note, the noc code should be match as your job descriptions, you also send an email to HRSDC mentioning your duties and responsibilities. They will review your duties and match them with their NOC database. After the review, they will contact you with your NOC code.

Follow this link the below,
Thank you for your reply, sir. I will definitely send them an email and confirm about the NOC code. And by the way, can I ask you also didn't include the NOC code in your reference letter when you applied?

Thank you very much

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lili2307338 said:
Thank you for your reply, sir. I will definitely send them an email and confirm about the NOC code. And by the way, can I ask you also didn't include the NOC code in your reference letter when you applied?

Thank you very much
NO.

Ertugru

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Meya06 said:

Please Note, the noc code should be match as your job descriptions, you also can send an email to HRSDC mentioning your duties and responsibilities. They will review your duties and match them with their NOC database. After the review, they will contact you with your NOC code.

Follow this link below,
+1 for your perfect help!