+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does subsidy affect my application for EE?

LouiCan

Oct 11, 2015
Dear EE Guru,

I am currently applying for the childcare service subsidy program in my province as I am committing full-time student while my wife is working with low income. However, I wonder if we are getting a subsidy from the province and government will it affect the government's decision on my EE later on assuming if I will get an ITA in the future?
If any of you has information about this pls advise!
Having a good weekend!

Thanks and regards,
LouiCan

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
LouiCan said:
Dear EE Guru,

I am currently applying for the childcare service subsidy program in my province as I am committing full-time student while my wife is working with low income. However, I wonder if we are getting a subsidy from the province and government will it affect the government's decision on my EE later on assuming if I will get an ITA in the future?
Having a good weekend!

Thanks and regards,
LouiCan
Mu understanding is that susidy for canadian citizen or pr or person needs protection.so which category u r?

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
LouiCan said:
Dear EE Guru,

Having a good weekend!

Thanks and regards,
LouiCan
Maybe for ur province it is also available for international students or foreign worker???

LouiCan

Oct 11, 2015
As far as I know as long as I am a resident in Canada (meaning staying legally in Canada and filing a tax return) then I can apply for a childcare subsidy program. However I am not sure how it will affect to my EE application.

Regards,
LouiCan

chantal111

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
LouiCan said:
As far as I know as long as I am a resident in Canada (meaning staying legally in Canada and filing a tax return) then I can apply for a childcare subsidy program. However I am not sure how it will affect to my EE application.

Regards,
LouiCan
Actually i am not sure but i have a friend of mine who is also a full time student and she refused to apply for her kid for subsidy.i am not sure why. But she told me that subsidy ( we r in BC) is for pr or canadian citizen or person needs protection. And she by that will fall under the third category. She didnot apply for it and she told me that if she apply that means she doesnot have the money that cover their needs and that is against what she proved in her study permit application that she is able to cover all expenses... i am not sure again i just had this experience with my friend...
Here is the eligibility section in BC subsidy program "
1. The parent/Guardian must be a resident of British Columbia AND
2. The parent must be a Canadian citizen, a Permanent Resident of Canada, a Convention Refugee or a Person in need of protection.

so in bc u should reside and at the same time one of the four categories on point #2