+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does submitting Passport from US lead to faster processing of PR?

SamuraiJack

Jan 26, 2019
Hello,

I'm an Express entry PR applicant in the US (Indian citizen) and am currently waiting for the PPR (passport request) email so I can submit my passport for processing. I need my PR ASAP. Is there any advantage to continue being in the US? (I'm considering moving to India in a few weeks.)

Reason I ask is, I've heard that for work permit visas, applications from the US (regardless of the country of citizenship) have a much shorter processing time than those in other countries. Wondering if there's any similar advantage for PR applicants.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You're just waiting for the PPR? How long has it been since your submitted your application?

If you expect the PPR any day now then you might as well wait.

In general US applications don't get too much of an advantage. There's a massive google spreadsheet floating around the forum that you can study to see trends. I submitted from the US and received my PPR in just around 100 days from AoR.

Reactions: SamuraiJack

SamuraiJack

Jan 26, 2019
You're just waiting for the PPR? How long has it been since your submitted your application?

If you expect the PPR any day now then you might as well wait.

In general US applications don't get too much of an advantage. There's a massive google spreadsheet floating around the forum that you can study to see trends. I submitted from the US and received my PPR in just around 100 days from AoR.
It has been about 80 days. Thanks for your tip on the google spreadsheet :) - I went around searching for it and landed on the immitracker site - found some really good data. It looks like it can take as little as 70 days for people similar to my profile.

COuld you elaborate on the process once you got your PPR: Did you have to mail your passport to an address in Canada? How long did it take to get the passport back?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
It has been about 80 days. Thanks for your tip on the google spreadsheet :) - I went around searching for it and landed on the immitracker site - found some really good data. It looks like it can take as little as 70 days for people similar to my profile.

COuld you elaborate on the process once you got your PPR: Did you have to mail your passport to an address in Canada? How long did it take to get the passport back?
Yes, I had to mail the passports to CIC - Ottawa. It took 10 calendar days to get the passports back.

SamuraiJack

Jan 26, 2019
Yes, I had to mail the passports to CIC - Ottawa. It took 10 calendar days to get the passports back.
10 days - that's quite faster than I'd heard. My friend who did this 1.5 years ago said it took 30 days so I assumed the same. Would you know the average processing time these days?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
10 days - that's quite faster than I'd heard. My friend who did this 1.5 years ago said it took 30 days so I assumed the same. Would you know the average processing time these days?
No clue. Mine was back in summer 2017.