+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does SINP lead to Open work permit for the spouse ?

Prats

Sep 28, 2011
Today I read on a site that if the principal applicant gets SINP nomination (Saskatchewan), then the spouse (who is in the homeland) can apply for open work permit in Canada. Has anyone met someone or known someone who got an OWP after spouse got SINP ? Pls share.

wockamit

Sep 27, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/10/2012
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
22/11/2012
File Transfer...
22/11/2012
Med's Request
26/11/2012
Med's Done....
29/11/2012
Interview........
File is in process agian from 2nd feb 2013
Passport Req..
21/03/2013
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi Prats,
Yes you are right after getting PNP one can apply for her/his spouse's open work permit. Evenif you are waiting for PNP still you can apply for OWP in the basis of your work permit. I am gonna apply for my wife's OWP very soon. You check this in FW 1 manual of immigration search this on Cic website you will get more info there. All the very best.

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
wockamit said:
Hi Prats,
Yes you are right after getting PNP one can apply for her/his spouse's open work permit. Evenif you are waiting for PNP still you can apply for OWP in the basis of your work permit. I am gonna apply for my wife's OWP very soon. You check this in FW 1 manual of immigration search this on Cic website you will get more info there. All the very best.
wockamit,

Can we apply for OWP when the spouse is outland?

wockamit

Sep 27, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/10/2012
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
22/11/2012
File Transfer...
22/11/2012
Med's Request
26/11/2012
Med's Done....
29/11/2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
21/03/2013
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Yes you can apply we spouse is out side.

Prats

Sep 28, 2011
hi wock,

you mean just after applying SINP, my wife can apply for my owp ? im in India , she in saskatchewan.
do i need to send my PP to her for OWP ?

can u tell me the site link !

Prats

Sep 28, 2011
hey wock,

I could not find it for SINP ie Saska candidates .. are you sure it applies for SK applicants as well ? Pls send the link !

laialbert

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
wockamit said:
Hi Prats,
Hi! I applied for SINP but only received an acknowledgment with file number. My husband and I are both tourist here in Regina SK. Will he need LMO first before applying for OWP?

Thanks!

wockamit

Sep 27, 2012
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4/10/2012
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
22/11/2012
File Transfer...
22/11/2012
Med's Request
26/11/2012
Med's Done....
29/11/2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
21/03/2013
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi Prats,
It doesn't matter if she had applied for Sinp or not. If her job is NOC level 0,A or B you can apply for OWP just her work permit should be long enough like 6 months or more. For open OWP you have to apply for that from India. If her job doesn't fall under NOC 0,A or B it good to wait for Sinp but if her pay is good than it's ok. Here is the list of documents you may need
Passport size photo of applicant
Copy of passport printed pages notary-
Study permit and work permit notary -
Tax file copy notice of assement
Pay stuff-
Job letters
Invitation letter/cover letter
Transcript -
Marriage certificate notary -
passport copy of applicant
License copy
Bank balance 15000. And print of statement and stamping of bank must have name and address

jass_virgoan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
06-05-2012
AOR Received.
01-08-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
ALREADY IN CANADA
Hi

Did anyone apply for spouse work permit after getting nominated ? Please let me know because i am struggling to bring my husband here. We have our PR in process . We are not going for viditor visa because there are high chances of rejection.

i am working in Ontario on NOC A job and quite reasonable salary and sufficient funds. Myself and my husband have been nominated by the Ontario PNP. Can I apply for an open work Permit for my husband and what are the chances ? Please help if anyone has applied the same ?

Thanks
Jas

Prats

Sep 28, 2011
Hi Wock,

Hope you are through with your spouse visa !

My wife and me got our SINP last week and now she has applied for her work permit extension. Her work permit was till 31st Dec 12. Once she gets her work permit I can apply for my OWP, right ? My wife is currently not in A,O,C list.

Regards,
Prateet

Prats

Sep 28, 2011
laialbert said:
Hi! I applied for SINP but only received an acknowledgment with file number. My husband and I are both tourist here in Regina SK. Will he need LMO first before applying for OWP?

Thanks!

http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/sinp-employers-questions
What is an open work permit?

An open work permit allows the holder to accept employment and work for any employer in Canada in any occupation for the time period specified on the work permit without the need of a Service Canada Labour Market Opinion. Once applicants have been nominated by the SINP, their spouses can apply for an open work permit allowing them to work for any employer in any field.