+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOES SELF EMPLOYED EXPERIENCE COUNT AS CANADIAN EXPERIENCE?

bussimmig

Mar 11, 2014
Does 1 year of self employment in Canada count as Canadian Experience? I have a trade name registered in BC, under an open work permit.

Can I apply under the CEC stream after 1 year of working as self employed? What kind of documentary proof I will have to show besides proof of registration.

Is there a minimum amount of salary/earning I have to show?

zenith9

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bussimmig said:
Does 1 year of self employment in Canada count as Canadian Experience?
no it doesnt count unless its a business that employed a certain number of canadians, not sure of exact figures

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
You didn't even bother reading the CEC guide?!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5609ETOC.asp

Work experience requirements

You must have obtained at least 12 months of full-time, or the equivalent in part-time, skilled work experience at NOC Skill Type 0, or Skill Level A or B. Full-time work means at least 30 hours of paid work per week.

This work experience must have been acquired in Canada within the 36 months preceding the date your properly completed application is received by the CIO.

You do not have to be employed at the time of your application.

Note: Any periods of self-employment, unauthorized work, or periods of employment during which you were engaged in full-time study (e.g. work experience gained on a co-op, off-campus or on-campus work permit) will not be included when calculating the period of qualifying work experience. You must have had temporary resident status during the period of work experience acquired in Canada.

If you are a student and graduated from a Canadian post-secondary institution, you can gain the work experience required for CEC through the Post-Graduate Work Permit.

zenith9

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thisisauser said:
You didn't even bother reading the CEC guide?!
You're welcome:

Note: Any periods of self-employment, unauthorized work, or periods of employment during which you were engaged in full-time study (e.g. work experience gained on a co-op, off-campus or on-campus work permit) will not be included when calculating the period of qualifying work experience

$albert$

Mar 13, 2014
Calgary
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
22-4-2013
Doc's Request.
22-08-2013 RCMP finger prints
Nomination.....
22-01-2013 additional doc requested about my employer
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
09-04-2014
Med's Done....
19-04-2014
Passport Req..
14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2014
LANDED..........
04-06-2014
byrwus said:
just wondering what will happen if your business applies for LMO for its owner.
I don't think your business qualifies. you have to meet certain conditions and requirements.