+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

does Quebec ask for French test ????

attia32

Dec 9, 2007
I heard that from next month to apply for Quebec immigration, its going to be a must to provide a French test .. OR its just a rumor ??
plzzzz share

thankss

quebechopefull

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you don't initially submit proof of French, they will request it later. Please read below:

. Proficiency in French or English

* To evaluate your language knowledge if neither French nor English is your mother tongue, you can enclose documentary proof attesting to your proficiency in French or English and, if applicable, that of your spouse.
* To demonstrate your French language knowledge and speed up the processing of your application, enclose with your Application for a Selection Certificate an attestation relative to either one of the two tests recognized by the Ministère de l’Immigration et des Communautés culturelles (MICC) for assessing French language knowledge – either
o a Test d’évaluation du français adapté pour le Québec (TEFAQ – French evaluation test adapted for Québec) or
o a Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ – French language knowledge test for Québec)
* You can also submit an attestation for: the Diplôme d’études en langue française (DELF), the Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF), the Test de connaissance de français (TCF) or the Test d’évaluation du français (TEF). If you choose the TCF or the TEF, you must enclose an attestation of the results of both the oral comprehension test (mandatory test) and the oral expression test (optional test). Please consult the table (in French – PDF, 54 Kb) for a detailed description of these French tests.
* To establish your English language knowledge, please enclose with your application the necessary documentary proof for yourself and your spouse, where applicable. This proof could be the results of a recognized evaluation test, such as IELTS, TOEFL, TOEIC and Cambridge tests.
* You may also enclose a document to prove that you have worked in English or French.

attia32

Dec 9, 2007
noo sir, they evaluate your french proficiency throught an interview, but i heard from next month they will ask for a test.. is this true or its just a rumors ??

tajdar2001

Oct 13, 2010
attia32 said:
I heard that from next month to apply for Quebec immigration, its going to be a must to provide a French test .. OR its just a rumor ??
plzzzz share

thankss
Have u got any answer on this through research ,then please let us know.

attia32

Dec 9, 2007
tajdar2001 said:
Have u got any answer on this through research ,then please let us know.
noo, i heard from a friend he is going to apply for CSQ, i am not sure if he is right or not, thats why i posted it here.

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
Who knows if it is just a rumor? Quebechopeful already gave you a straight answer. If your native language is neither French nor English they will ask for you to take either a French or English exam (knowledge in French language gives you more points for the application though). If you don't want to take it then it's all good but for the sake of getting additional points then you should take at least one of the tests.