+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

does proof of funds in initial application has to be in Canadian dollars

Mike053

Feb 9, 2009
Does Proof of funds in initial application to Buffalo show dollar amount in Canadian dollars?

Anybody having experience with BOA?? They say they can do it only in US dollars, that too I have to order for $10 using customer service by phone.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
you can show proof of funds in any currency you have.
make a cover letter writing down your list of funds and assets in any currency and the conversion rate you will use to cenvert to CAD and attach to bank statements.
only the bottom line in CAD.

levalencia

May 8, 2009
What you mean with assets? Can I show my Car and House as proof of funds?

I tought it had to be CASH money on a savings account or something like that

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are some confusion on proof of funds. CIC websites states, proof of funds should to be in cash on any urgent form of cash which you can take when you need, like travelers checks, certified cheks etc. The London Visa office is only i think where you can submit your property value as proof of funds. But i was reading here, one member from any other via office submittied property value as proof of fund and it was acepted. try to search in Box ' proof of funds" and you will find numbers of posts related to this topic. Read all and hope you will get clear. Good luck.

mokshagj15

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how old the fund has to be ?
I have 19000 AUD which may equate to 17500 CAD but I need to show other few money.
What all are the other fund option we have?
Ankur

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
How many you showed at last?
I showed Cash $20K.
I have properties worth $400,000 but they cant be cashed immediately so I didnt include them.