+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Post Graduate Diploma course from IIIT banglore & Upgrad considered for Canada PR.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Hi can you please confirm the procedure to how to apply for transcripts directly to WES from IIIT banglore ?
Here are the steps I followed:

1. Create WES application> Generate WES ID
  2. Transfer Rs 1,000 to IIITB's HDF account (details on their website)
  3. Email IIITB with your WES ID and payment proof.
Once done, IIITB will upload your transcript + certificate to WES's portal in a week. Two weeks later, WES will give you your report.

It's difficult to follow discussions here. If you have a follow-up question, it's best to reach me on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/ksami/

Good luck!

Mistabaaz_7

Oct 8, 2020
Anyone got their LJMU masters verified from WES? I want to know how much time it takes from Last exam of LJMU thesis tenure/completion to the WES verification
Thanks

Mistabaaz_7

Oct 8, 2020
Also if I get my PR , can I tell my company/employer that I want to switch locations to let’s say Toronto and work for them itself rather than finding a new job in Canada?
How to ask them?

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Anyone got their LJMU masters verified from WES? I want to know how much time it takes from Last exam of LJMU thesis tenure/completion to the WES verification
Thanks
Someone I know got it verified. 3-4 weeks from final exam to get transcript, 1 week for LJMU to upload transcripts to WES portal and 2 weeks for WES to provide you the ECA report.

It's difficult to follow discussions here. If you have a follow-up question, it's best to reach me on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/ksami/

Reactions: Sahilchun

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
Also if I get my PR , can I tell my company/employer that I want to switch locations to let’s say Toronto and work for them itself rather than finding a new job in Canada?
How to ask them?
Of course! I'm doing the exact same thing. That's your best option really as opposed to looking for jobs after you move. I like my job and employer so I'd rather stick around that go elsewhere.

I told my immediate manager and senior management candidly about my intention to move several months in advance. I told told them I'll give them sufficient notice once I have a defined date. They proactively told me that I can work from Toronto provided there's an opening in the North America team at that time and I told them I'll be flexible with my dates so I can go for that role.

It all depends on your employer's culture, the support of your management/leadership and the availability of a role at the time of your immigration.

Good luck!

asistla

Oct 19, 2019
Thanks

Yes, my master's was recognised as Masters in science by WES.
Last completion of thesis and recieving the hard copy of original degree, not sure on this as it took several months for our batch due to covid.
As soon as I received my degree copy and me contacting LJMU, it took 2 days for LJMU to submit the transcripts online to WES and WES took around 8 days if I remember for recognizing.

Reactions: Travel_Ista

sanjeevy94

Jan 21, 2020
I'd marked it as Full-time both in my OINP application and Express Entry profile. I can't remember the rationale but I came to that conclusion after considerable research about it.

[It's difficult to follow discussions here. If you have a follow-up question, it's best to reach me on LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/ksami/]

I just saw the LJMU transcript that someone shared on Linkedin. In the transcript, Attendance Mode mentioned as Part Time.
Is it something to worry about or can be marked as full-time in the EE profile?

Mar 24, 2021
I checked with Upgrad and they are saying that the data science course will have only 24 credits from this year and still valid for WES.
Can someone confirm whether 24 credit is enough to get 1 year PGDM from WES ?
Hi @mac_pnp,

Could you please share the source of this information. How do we find out the number of credits awarded by the course? I couldn't find it anywhere on Upgrad's website.

Mar 24, 2021
Hi Fellow members,

I am trying to research regarding a list of valid courses that would be considered under "Two or more Certificates, degree or diploma". If a certificate from a recognized university states "Post Graduate Certification in ...", then Is it considered by WES for evaluation? Can it be combined with a Bachelor's degree for "Two or more certificates" as the education level? Also, I have read the discussions above regarding the credits awarded for a 1 year PG Diploma course conducted by IIIT Bangalore. Is there any way to confirm the credits that would be awarded for the courses by the institute?

To add, the certificates that I am referring to are ~6-7 month courses from upGrad such as:
- https://www.upgrad.com/machine-learning-deep-learning-pgc-iiitb
- https://www.upgrad.com/machine-learning-nlp-pgc-iiitb

Thanks in advance. Any inputs are much appreciated.

Sahilchun

May 2, 2021
Someone I know got it verified. 3-4 weeks from final exam to get transcript, 1 week for LJMU to upload transcripts to WES portal and 2 weeks for WES to provide you the ECA report.

Hi @kashifsami

I am planning to do do MBA from Liverpool John Morres university. As per Upgrad this degree is WES recognized. Same like your program. I have to complete 11 months of PGP diploma from IMT Ghaziabad (110 credits) and then finally from LJMU (70 credits). This makes total of 180 credits which is standard MBA credits.

1) I would like to confirm before I enroll that does Wes recognize it as Canadian masters in ECA evaluation.

2) while filling the WES evaluation what will be the duration I need to select. Will that include diploma as well. For eg - diploma start date is May 1st 2021, LJMU starts on May 2022 to Dec 2022. Will the master duration be from May 2021 to Dec 2022 or from May 2022 to Dec 2022?

3) can I use this masters and work experience simultaneously in express entry.

I requested to connect with you on LinkedIn as well. If you can help me with my queries I will be very grateful. It's a big decision for me.

Regards,
Sahil

juspreet51

May 3, 2021
I just saw the LJMU transcript that someone shared on Linkedin. In the transcript, Attendance Mode mentioned as Part Time.
Is it something to worry about or can be marked as full-time in the EE profile?
Hi
I'm also curious to look at the LJMU transcripts. Can you please share the link with us?

juspreet51

May 3, 2021
Yes, my master's was recognised as Masters in science by WES.
Last completion of thesis and recieving the hard copy of original degree, not sure on this as it took several months for our batch due to covid.
As soon as I received my degree copy and me contacting LJMU, it took 2 days for LJMU to submit the transcripts online to WES and WES took around 8 days if I remember for recognizing.
Hi
Thanks for sharing your experience with use.
Can you also please share a screenshot of your WES evaluation with us, it will help us a lot.
Thank you

Travel_Ista

May 12, 2021
INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
BANGLORE
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I enquired with upgrad. They told that IIITB provide transcript.
@kashifsami Did you enquired from IIITB(as i didn't do it from there.Will try enquiring from there as well if you haven't)
I also wnquired they told they will provide transcript but dont know actually.. But when i checked in wes site IIIT Banglore is there we should search with full name.