+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does passport photocopy for PPR need to be notarized?

quarko

Star Member
May 23, 2015
Hello,

I've received a PPR and trying not to mess up the last step. Do the photocopies of the passport need to be notarized?

Thanks.

07collian

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Hello,

I've received a PPR and trying not to mess up the last step. Do the photocopies of the passport need to be notarized?

Thanks.
Just did the same process as you mate. I didn't get them notarized, hope we don't have to. All I did was get my photos stamped by the place I got them and added my name and DOB to them

quarko

Star Member
May 23, 2015
Why do you need to submit copies if you are going to submit the original passport?
If you are from a visa-exempt country you are asked to submit only a photocopy, without a passport.

Just did the same process as you mate. I didn't get them notarized, hope we don't have to. All I did was get my photos stamped by the place I got them and added my name and DOB to them
Stamped by the place you got them from? I was thinking of just going to the library and photocopying them myself. Also, what do you mean by "added name and DOB"? Aren't both of those already on the photocopy itself?

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
No, you do not have to get them notarized.

Reactions: quarko

07collian

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
If you are from a visa-exempt country you are asked to submit only a photocopy, without a passport.

Stamped by the place you got them from? I was thinking of just going to the library and photocopying them myself. Also, what do you mean by "added name and DOB"? Aren't both of those already on the photocopy itself?
Check your email.

*The back of one (1) photograph must:
4 bear the name and date of birth of the subject, as well as the name and complete address of the photography studio
4 bear the date the photograph was taken
4 the photographer may use a stamp or handwrite this information. Stick-on labels are unacceptable.