+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does one year of Income Tax return file is valid to apply for student visa for Canada?

Pratik65

Jun 14, 2018
Hi,

I read on the web that three years of parents Income tax return file is needed to apply for student visa in Canada but I have only year ITR and a new rule in Indian government says you can get only one year of ITR.
So can i still go ahead and file with one year of ITR i.e. 2017-2018 ??

Please guide me on this

Faisal44

Star Member
Dec 11, 2018
Hi,

I read on the web that three years of parents Income tax return file is needed to apply for student visa in Canada but I have only year ITR and a new rule in Indian government says you can get only one year of ITR.
So can i still go ahead and file with one year of ITR i.e. 2017-2018 ??

Please guide me on this
Same. Someone reply

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Same. Someone reply
No such rules that you can only get 1 year of ITR. If they are asking for a certain number of years then you have to furnish the same. If you do not have the required years then you will have to give your parents if allowed.

Always follow visa instructions for your respective country.

Faisal44

Star Member
Dec 11, 2018
No such rules that you can only get 1 year of ITR. If they are asking for a certain number of years then you have to furnish the same. If you do not have the required years then you will have to give your parents if allowed.

I'm undergraduate student and I have to give my parents itrs. My father's and my mother's. Some people say that 2 years itrs are mandatory but I have only for one year which I made recently

Faisal44

Star Member
Dec 11, 2018

I'm from India

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I'm undergraduate student and I have to give my parents itrs. My father's and my mother's. Some people say that 2 years itrs are mandatory but I have only for one year which I made recently
So you are saying your parent's only have 1 year of ITR history ?? .

Faisal44

Star Member
Dec 11, 2018
Just to be clear you are filing your parents ITR, and your parents have never filed ITR before in their lives ?
Yes they never filed it previously. I'm applying for September intake so the consultacy asked me to file the itr. We just filed it 4 days before the last date

Faisal44

Star Member
Dec 11, 2018
Just to be clear you are filing your parents ITR, and your parents have never filed ITR before in their lives ?
So I have itr for one year. But some people say that I should have it for 2 years but my consultacy says 1 year itr is enough

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
So I have itr for one year. But some people say that I should have it for 2 years but my consultacy says 1 year itr is enough
CIC ( Canada immigration ) says then need ITR of 2 years, whatever anybody else says doesn't matter. In my opinion you only have 2 choices, either wait for another financial year to get 2 years worth of ITR, or you can go for SDS stream.

Faisal44

Star Member
Dec 11, 2018
CIC ( Canada immigration ) says then need ITR of 2 years, whatever anybody else says doesn't matter. In my opinion you only have 2 choices, either wait for another financial year to get 2 years worth of ITR, or you can go for SDS stream.
My visa was denied in December 2018 under sds as I had low ielts and I choose wrong course. So am I again eligible to apply under sds? I read on forum that if students visa is denied once in sds then I won't be eligible

Faisal44

Star Member
Dec 11, 2018
Also I just filed it in March just 4 days before the last date. Will that be a problem?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
My visa was denied in December 2018 under sds as I had low ielts and I choose wrong course. So am I again eligible to apply under sds? I read on forum that if students visa is denied once in sds then I won't be eligible
There isn't any rule prohibiting you from applying in SDS again.

Faisal44

Star Member
Dec 11, 2018
There isn't any rule prohibiting you from applying in SDS again.
Thanks. Also last time I provided my grandmother account statements which had 18 lakhs inr. I mentioned that my grandmother is funding me. But unfortunately my visa got denied and I applied for caips and I didn't get any financial reason.
my agent said me that grandmother funding would create confusion. So transfer it in your account. So I transferred 4 lakhs in my account. I also got refund in my account making it 10.5 lakhs total. But these are only 1 month old whereas they were 8 months old my grandmother's account. Is that a problem