+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does money needs to be in bank for at least 4 months before applying?

snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

My father put money in his account in December 2010, I have applied to colleges and got accepted in one. I was wondering, should I launch my visa application now (as I have other documents ready) or wait till end of April to ensure that the money is in the bank for at least four months?

In that case, I have to apply on 1st week of May to get into the Sep 2011 session, will it be late?

Thanks and regards

Obeid_oo

Dec 5, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi snake ,

it depends on the transactions or the amt in acc before deposit of funds, if it was less , then it would be better to wait for another month or two.

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011
Re: student visa rejected,will apply again,,,good idea?

If you have all your papers ready incl a 4 month bank statement you should apply now. The reason being if there are any issues or deficiencies or your app is declined you can appeal or re-apply straight away.

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS - 3-MARCH-2012
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
guys could you please help me out with the following questions

As regards the study permit, imm1294 question 10, the cost of my studies would be?

1.Should the tuition, room and board pension, and other be for the total period of study or for the first year alone
2. what is mearnt by the room and board pension
3. can a fixed deposit account be used as a proof of funds?
4. should by funds available for my stay in canada be the same with my proof of fund or can it be a lower?
5. should my funds available for my stay in canada be higher than the sum of the tuition, room and board pension, and other
6. what about in a situation where by i would be residing with a family member who would foot feeding and accomodation bills?

really need clarification on this

manpreetgr8

Feb 15, 2009
Even I have queries similar to Awoderu A.A.

Can a Fixed Deposit be shown as proof of funds or do I compulsarily need to take a student loan?

Thanks !

macthepak

Feb 13, 2011
manpreetgr8 said:
Even I have queries similar to Awoderu A.A.

Can a Fixed Deposit be shown as proof of funds or do I compulsarily need to take a student loan?

Thanks !
No fixed deposit cannot be shown as proof of funds. You can take out a student loan against your fixed deposit, that issue is between you and the lender. All the VO wants to see is you have the cash available in your bank account (4 month period) in your name available for your studies.

tzmarri

Star Member
Mar 5, 2011
Hey guys,
My name is Tanzeel Marri. I have applied to the Canadian Embassy in Islamabad on 25th Feb.. I have still not received a request to undergo Medical.. Can any1 guide me regarding the processing times in Pakistan.. I have been accepted at the University of Regina for the BASc program of Petroleum Systems Engineering.. I have got my dad's bank statement of around CAD$40000 and deposited $10000 in my own bank account.. The annual tuition is $13560 and living costs around $10000 per year.. i feel My case is strong..
Whether i should send an e-mail to the CHC regarding the status of my application or wait ? As I want to join in the May semester.. Help me out guys?

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
I totally disagree with the fact that fixed deposit cannot be accepted. Where was it stated that a fixed deposit can not be tendered as prove of fund. Besides the Visa office requested for PROOF OF FUND does not necessarily mean that is the money that would be used to foot the schooling, they just want want to know if you are capable of funding the schooling. Those saying that bank accounts are only accepted i could as well borrow money to put in the account. The visa officers are not stupid there are aware that many borrow my money to stack into an account but a fixed deposit is your cash. I submitted a fixed deposit backing it up with a reference from the bank and the start period of the account and the maturity date. many believe that a fixed deposit's cash cannot be taken, that is absolutly false the account can be terminated at any point only that you will lose the interest you are to gain for that investment period.

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
snake said:
Hello,

My father put money in his account in December 2010, I have applied to colleges and got accepted in one. I was wondering, should I launch my visa application now (as I have other documents ready) or wait till end of April to ensure that the money is in the bank for at least four months?

In that case, I have to apply on 1st week of May to get into the Sep 2011 session, will it be late?

Thanks and regards
You still have more than enough time to apply for the study permit. The Visa office stated that you cannot apply more than 6 months to your resumption time but must apply minimum of 3 months to resumption time