+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

does it really take 16-18 weeks to get a police clearance from the US???

faylen

Jul 21, 2009
REALLY THIS LONG??! 4 months just waiting in limbo? So let me get this straight. Until I receive the police clearance, then and only then I'll be able to send the entire application... yes?? This means that the application won't even be touched until, hmmm..... December?!?!?

So what else is there? What about medical? I though I had everything already. *big sigh*

AllisonChains08

Star Member
Feb 5, 2009
I've been told if you ask them to rush for immigration purposes they will.. but you have to think of how many of these they are dealing with and what the process entails, I'm sure it's not all that simple. I'm not sure how seriously they take the need for it to be rushed though.. someone else might know.

faylen

Jul 21, 2009
and where would i indicate that? i mean, yes, you're right. they might not see it as something as important. hmm....
well this is something for us to think about. this will really set us back 4 months, if not more.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

faylen said:
and where would i indicate that? i mean, yes, you're right. they might not see it as something as important. hmm....
well this is something for us to think about. this will really set us back 4 months, if not more.
It has been addressed a number of times, you put a "required by date" on the front of the envelope, about 4 weeks after the date it is mailed. FBI is quite good about trying to get it completed by then.

PMM

faylen

Jul 21, 2009
PMM said:
Hi

faylen said:
It has been addressed a number of times, you put a "required by date" on the front of the envelope, about 4 weeks after the date it is mailed. FBI is quite good about trying to get it completed by then.

PMM

Thank you PMM. I apologize for having to ask. I do acknowledge your patience for repetitive questions like this. This forum is pretty lucky to have individuals such as yourself who are willing to help. Alright, I'll get on it. Have a great weekend everyone!

saralune

Star Member
Mar 17, 2009
Visa Office......
lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-2009
Doc's Request.
11-2011
Med's Request
15-11-2011
Med's Done....
17-11-2011
Interview........
02-11-2011
Passport Req..
15-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2011, pick up friday !
on my boyfreind's nothing was written and we got it 6 weeks later.....

sara

abhi_hola

Star Member
Nov 16, 2008
no it takes somewhere between 3-5 weeks max to get from FBI;
mine took 5 weeks, that too they needed another set of stamp since the first one was not done by the police properly

WWVET

May 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think it depends on where you doing it and many you have to get done. I just started gatthering my paper work, and the first was the clearance stuff. I got my state and FBI in less than 2 weeks. For US state, I attached a five sentence letter asking them to expedite after I had called the office and the person I talked to said it will take 4-6weeks. For FBI, i wrote 2 weeks on the envolope. It's really fairly easy process once you get your finger prints done. Just follow the instructions on how and where to mail your stuff, you'll be fine. good luck!