+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Illegal work experince earned in a country that is not Canada still count for FSW?

Happycare

Sep 9, 2023
Hi there, i posted a while ago and im still alive here in the usa working (still undocumented though) I have my masters now, finished ILETS with a C2 :) about to take TEF So far i submitted my EE and got a 478 (Hoping to get picked in OINP Tech or EE STEM)

My question is on work experience

In the past 10 years i have 6 years of work experience all within the USA . The companies i worked for are all legitimate and they are more then willing to provide the employer letter. Its just since i had to indicate my residency is Mexico since i am not in the us illegally. Will Canada ask for some kind of work visa or something from me if i put my work experience down or simply not count it since i worked for American companies and not Mexican ones? I was present in the US the whole time and this was in person employment.

Also is it misrepresentation to say i am a resident of a country i am not living in? the application said i must pick a country i have legal residency in but i am not physically living there? Will that be an issue for my application? I am just a little confused by the word resident since in the US i am a tax resident i pay taxes and have an ITIN but not a legal resident as i have no valid immigration status (entered without inspection)

Thanks