+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does ESOL (Cambridge certificate) count?

alisi

Dec 5, 2014
I read that an EE candidate will have to sit a "standardised language test, the most common of which are the IELTS or CELPIP for English and TEF for French".

I was wondering if CAE certificate (Certificate in Advanced English) as a part of ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) from 2004 would by any chance meet the language requirements. I couldn't find the answer anywhere on the web.

Thanks

Tiasha

Dec 5, 2014
Alisi, were you able to find an answer yet? I have the same language certificate from 2007.

alisi

Dec 5, 2014
No, I was not. I found websites explaining the differences between both (that IELTS is valid for only 2 years and ESOL does not expire etc.), but not if ESOL is accepted :(.

MONKUCHA

Oct 6, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ALBERTA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/17/15
Nomination.....
06/19/15
AOR Received.
11/16/15
Med's Request
05/02/16 UPFRONT
Med's Done....
05/02/16
According to CIC help center:

What third-party language tests will CIC accept as proof I have adequate knowledge of English or French when I apply for citizenship?

A third-party test is a test done by an organization that is not CIC.

We will accept third-party test results as proof of your language ability if it is from one of the following organizations:

CELPIP General (Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program General test)
CELPIP General-LS - a two-skills (listening and speaking) version of the CELPIP General test
IELTS - General training - General training (International English Language Testing System)
Test d'Évaluation de Français (TEF) (in French)
Test d'Évaluation de Français (TEFAQ) (in French) or TEF épreuves orales – a two-skills (listening and speaking) version of the TEF
Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF) (in French)
Diplôme d'études en langue française (DELF) (in French)
Test de connaissance du français (TCF) or Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ)
We will not accept third-party test results that are not on this list, even if they are similar.

Visit the organizations' websites to learn how to write the exams. Since they are not run by CIC, we do not track when and where they are offered.

SO YOU CANNOT USE YOUR ESOL CERTIFICATE

I have the same certificate form UK and it didn't count when I applied, and the rules of language test haven't change.

Nikhil Patil

Dec 5, 2014
Hi,
I am nikhil.Is IELTS mandatory for Expression Entry pool?Are you guys ready with your IELTS score?Also is your ECA done?i havnt started yet,how many days it takes.Please mail me at nikhilpatil222@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Nikhil

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Nikhil Patil said:
Hi,
I am nikhil.Is IELTS mandatory for Expression Entry pool?Are you guys ready with your IELTS score?Also is your ECA done?i havnt started yet,how many days it takes.Please mail me at nikhilpatil222 @ yahoo.com

Thanks,
Nikhil
Yes - IELTS will be mandatory.

alisi

Dec 5, 2014
Thank you very much, MONKUCHA!!

MONKUCHA said:
According to CIC help center:

What third-party language tests will CIC accept as proof I have adequate knowledge of English or French when I apply for citizenship?

A third-party test is a test done by an organization that is not CIC.

We will accept third-party test results as proof of your language ability if it is from one of the following organizations:

CELPIP General (Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program General test)
CELPIP General-LS - a two-skills (listening and speaking) version of the CELPIP General test
IELTS - General training - General training (International English Language Testing System)
Test d'Évaluation de Français (TEF) (in French)
Test d'Évaluation de Français (TEFAQ) (in French) or TEF épreuves orales – a two-skills (listening and speaking) version of the TEF
Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF) (in French)
Diplôme d'études en langue française (DELF) (in French)
Test de connaissance du français (TCF) or Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ)
We will not accept third-party test results that are not on this list, even if they are similar.

Visit the organizations' websites to learn how to write the exams. Since they are not run by CIC, we do not track when and where they are offered.

SO YOU CANNOT USE YOUR ESOL CERTIFICATE

I have the same certificate form UK and it didn't count when I applied, and the rules of language test haven't change.