+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Distance education of Sikkim Manipal Valid for PR ?

suwal

Feb 4, 2010
Lion, pmm & Quorax plz help me

I'm new to this forume. I've applied for PR in nov 26. My educational background is 10+2, Bsc(physics) 3 years. and Msc (computer science) 2 years. total 17 years. My Msc(computer ) degree is from Sikkim Manipal University, It is Distance course. Now I'm confuse whether I got 25 points from my qulification or not.

One of my friends did 10+2 , Bcom 2 years and 1 years PGDIT from Sikkim Manipal University. But he was just awarded 20 points. they didn't count for PGDIT may be because of Distance education.

Now I'm very much afraid that I 'll be also rejected being my degree is distance mode. If I was rejected after getting file number shall I get my money back or not.

please help me from seniors

rain

Jan 19, 2010
I don't think Any distance education is valid, Therefore, u will be getting points for 12+3=15 year's of eduaction. I don't have any idea whether they will refund money if ur application get rejected but surely one get money if they withdraw their application

Regards

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

suwal said:
Lion, pmm & Quorax plz help me

I'm new to this forume. I've applied for PR in nov 26. My educational background is 10+2, Bsc(physics) 3 years. and Msc (computer science) 2 years. total 17 years. My Msc(computer ) degree is from Sikkim Manipal University, It is Distance course. Now I'm confuse whether I got 25 points from my qulification or not.

One of my friends did 10+2 , Bcom 2 years and 1 years PGDIT from Sikkim Manipal University. But he was just awarded 20 points. they didn't count for PGDIT may be because of Distance education.

Now I'm very much afraid that I 'll be also rejected being my degree is distance mode. If I was rejected after getting file number shall I get my money back or not.

please help me from seniors
You can count distance education if it meets the following standards.

"A distance learning credential is eligible for points as long as it meets the definition of a credential
as outlined in R73. If the credential is not described in terms of number of years duration (i.e.,
three-year bachelor’s degree), officers should apply the definition of full-time equivalent study and
knowledge that the visa office has acquired on local education institutions and credentials.
There is a high incidence of fraud in this area. Verification checks should be conducted with
issuing institutions to ensure that program integrity standards are respected"

From their web site, it appears to be recognized.

PMM

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
If thats accredited then it should be valid, Seniors can say more as pmm already sketched his analysis.

suwal

Feb 4, 2010
thank you very much PMM and Janathan.

shall I be assure that my degree is valid ? shall I get 25 points. I've already applied for quebec and they gave me full points on academic qualification.But I was failed to show my frence language certificate. So there is little hope that cic delhi will also give me 25 points.
any other friends which have same problem.

satya

Mar 3, 2008
kathmandu
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
?
AOR Received.
?
IELTS Request
?
File Transfer...
?
Med's Request
?
Med's Done....
?
PMM said:
Hi

You can count distance education if it meets the following standards.

"A distance learning credential is eligible for points as long as it meets the definition of a credential
as outlined in R73. If the credential is not described in terms of number of years duration (i.e.,
three-year bachelor's degree), officers should apply the definition of full-time equivalent study and
knowledge that the visa office has acquired on local education institutions and credentials.
There is a high incidence of fraud in this area. Verification checks should be conducted with
issuing institutions to ensure that program integrity standards are respected"

From their web site, it appears to be recognized.

PMM
what is R73 ? please write any link about R73 to get more info. thanks in advance to PMM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

satya said:
what is R73 ? please write any link about R73 to get more info. thanks in advance to PMM
Regulations see: http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/I-2.5/SOR-2002-227/index.html

PMM

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
SMU is a 'deemed university' by an act of parliament. It's degrees r 'gazetted' by the Govt. of India. Thus, your BA should be valid for the CIC process.

However, some of the DL courses run by the various universities r not gazetted ones, thus not recognized to be at 'par' to regular courses [including some of those from IGNOU]. That PGDIT may be one such. So, your friend's addnl quals might not have been accepted by CIC.

satya

Mar 3, 2008
kathmandu
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
?
AOR Received.
?
IELTS Request
?
File Transfer...
?
Med's Request
?
Med's Done....
?
In Nepal Tribhuban University is the gretest University of the country and it operate one college which name is international language campus.It is affilated with Tribhuban University. Its offer different languages. My spouse did one years french course from same college. she was awarded one year Certificate and transcript also. my spouse did 10+2.Now my question is does she got 3 points regarding her 10+2 and 1 years french language course.

plz help me from seniors

satya

Mar 3, 2008
kathmandu
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
?
AOR Received.
?
IELTS Request
?
File Transfer...
?
Med's Request
?
Med's Done....
?
help from seniors.

want to know about 1 years french language course from Tribhuban University gets point or not.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

satya said:
help from seniors.

want to know about 1 years french language course from Tribhuban University gets point or not.
No, not until you take the TEF

PMM

suwal

Feb 4, 2010
PMM said:
Hi

No, not until you take the TEF

PMM
Thanks PMM

Its true university course doesn't count for language. But my question is does 1 year french language course count for academic qualification of my spouse or not.
my spouse did 10+2 and 1 year(two semester) french language from Tribhuban University of Nepal. In her certificate it is specified as Ordinary level One year french course. she has her transcript as well. In cic for accompany spouse CIC has written as
A one yer diploma,trade certificate, apprenticeship or University degree and at least 12 years of full time study 3 points.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

suwal said:
Thanks PMM

Its true university course doesn't count for language. But my question is does 1 year french language course count for academic qualification of my spouse or not.
my spouse did 10+2 and 1 year(two semester) french language from Tribhuban University of Nepal. In her certificate it is specified as Ordinary level One year french course. she has her transcript as well. In cic for accompany spouse CIC has written as
A one yer diploma,trade certificate, apprenticeship or University degree and at least 12 years of full time study 3 points.
No points, as it was not a degree or diploma.

PMM

satya

Mar 3, 2008
kathmandu
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
?
AOR Received.
?
IELTS Request
?
File Transfer...
?
Med's Request
?
Med's Done....
?
PMM said:
Hi

No points, as it was not a degree or diploma.

PMM
hello PMM

Its a university degree. It is not a bachelor and master degree but it is one year language degree. CIC write 1 year university degree. So there is no bachelor and master degree of 1 year. So I think it will count for my spouse

dipmm2000

Star Member
Jan 30, 2010
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2010
Is that means if any one (spouse) got SSC+HSC= 12 years of study but no trade certificate or diploma in any other field for further 1 year will get no points???