+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does Dental Condition Affect Medical Exams for Immigration?

iferg15

Jun 24, 2014
Hi all,
I have a dental condition, a gum boil due to one of my teeth that need extracting. The problem is, the extraction is scheduled almost directly after my medical exam for CIC. Will this affect my exam?

My dentist told me that I could probably get the tooth extracted by another dentist before then but I've a bit of a phobia of dentists and the one I have scheduled is really great and understanding. I have a feeling that this is probably a minor condition and I shouldn't worry but I'm really paranoid..

Thank you,
PS - I think I have a history of asking silly and panicky questions because I'm generally a nervous person so thank you all for taking the time to reply to them, it helps a lot.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Congratulations on getting to this stage in your journey! The CIC medical is more focused on diseases and chronic conditions that pose a threat to others and/or a drain on the Canadian health care budget. It is great that you found a compassionate dentist. Drink fluids, exercise and get good sleeps before your medical, then get your tooth treated. Good luck.

redgdon

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
iferg15 said:
Hi all,
I have a dental condition, a gum boil due to one of my teeth that need extracting. The problem is, the extraction is scheduled almost directly after my medical exam for CIC. Will this affect my exam?

My dentist told me that I could probably get the tooth extracted by another dentist before then but I've a bit of a phobia of dentists and the one I have scheduled is really great and understanding. I have a feeling that this is probably a minor condition and I shouldn't worry but I'm really paranoid..

Thank you,
PS - I think I have a history of asking silly and panicky questions because I'm generally a nervous person so thank you all for taking the time to reply to them, it helps a lot.
No, dental work is paid for by the patient and not through the health care system. They ain't interested.