+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does citizenship application processing time depend on your location?

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
You know, when you post a message on a forum at pretty much the middle of the night across the entire country (and 1:43am in both locations you list) you may not always get a speedy response.

However, to answer your question no-one knows. I've seen complaints about every single office I know of on this board. I've heard Scarborough is the slowest (including from the guy next to me at the Oath who waited 18 months, yet he unlike me had no FP request). I waited 10 (AoR to DM). I've seen posts from people who waited years, and people who waited far less than me. I've seen a thread where within about 5 posts someone said Montreal is the worst office and someone else got it in six months there.

I also personally know people in Brampton and Mississauga who took under a year, and 18 months (from the same country).

So you can dig through the 2019 spreadsheet for the most recent estimates, but honestly unless you're considering applying from the less populated areas of the country (like PEI or Moncton) vs downtown Vancouver or Toronto I personally can't predict which may be faster. If others read and respond with their experience I predict it'll vary, greatly :)

Best of luck!