+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does CIC make note on file of every phone call to call centre?

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do the call centre agents make a note of every time we phone to get an update on our status? Will it bother them if we phone once a month for updates? We are using a lawyer and do not have any access to our CIC account and don't see any updates or changes to our status.

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, they do get annoyed if you keep on calling for updates.
Thank you for your reply, DelPiero07.

I passed the 6 months mark end of April. My lawyer doesn't believe in ordering GCMS notes. He doesn't supply us with updates and only sent a CSE last week upon our request. Is there anything else we can do as applicants that would not offend anyone?

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Hello bro your stream and mine is same,look at my signature and please share your bg status from the beginning,
Thanks.

InspiredC

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello bro your stream and mine is same,look at my signature and please share your bg status from the beginning,
Thanks.
Hi RabinJi,

I do not have any info on my status changes. My lawyer doesn't share any information regarding status updates or changes. They haven't requested GCMS notes either...

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
Why he not sharing the status also?Every lawyer they used to do screenshot and send it whenever they want,i have so many friends who applied from lawyer but they uses to send screenshot to them.
Anyway best of luck

Aali005

May 5, 2017
Do the call centre agents make a note of every time we phone to get an update on our status? Will it bother them if we phone once a month for updates? We are using a lawyer and do not have any access to our CIC account and don't see any updates or changes to our status.
Hi, I'm AOR 20th Nov FSW O.
I also applied through consultant and same thing about him that he ordered my GCMS after 6 months... I even don't know where my app is until I sent email to Ottawa office for update (without telling consultant).. because my email was not registered with cic so thy replied to my consultant about the update then I know that my file is with London visa office..
My consultant is good but also he dosnt want to disturb cic for asking again and again coz visa office don't like to be disturbed.

Dupsyola

Dec 5, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I'm AOR 20th Nov FSW O.
I also applied through consultant and same thing about him that he ordered my GCMS after 6 months... I even don't know where my app is until I sent email to Ottawa office for update (without telling consultant).. because my email was not registered with cic so thy replied to my consultant about the update then I know that my file is with London visa office..
My consultant is good but also he dosnt want to disturb cic for asking again and again coz visa office don't like to be disturbed.
IMO, nothing stops a consultant from sharing a screenshot of client's app status with the client. My consultant sends me a screenshot upon request.