+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does CIC hold back on BOWP renewal if PR (COPR) is very close to approval?

Mar 21, 2015
I applied for 2nd BOWP extension mid June and pretty much every other forum user has got their work permit back.
According to my GCMS notes the BF date on my PR application (which has everything they need) was end of June.

Is the delay in processing of my BOWP related to my PR application being in final stage? They are supposed to send me COPR next... I have heard nothing back from BOWP/PR front.

I am getting nervous and under a lot of stress so was wondering if this has happened to someone before? I.e. they would not grant you BOWP if the PR application is very close to completion?

rohangk

Dec 4, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Centre - Ottawa (CPC-O)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th Aug, 2014
AOR Received.
11th Dec, 2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with appln
Med's Request
2nd Feb 2016, 8th Mar 2016 (Additional tests)
Med's Done....
Checkup on 18th Jan 2016 (Upfront), Report submitted on 29th Jan 2016. Additional Medical test report submitted on 26th Feb 2016. 2nd Additional reports submitted on 2nd April.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
7th July 2016 (RPRF requested and paid on 3rd March 2016)
VISA ISSUED...
14th July 2016
LANDED..........
20th Sept 2016
timhortons2015 said:
I applied for 2nd BOWP extension mid June and pretty much every other forum user has got their work permit back.
According to my GCMS notes the BF date on my PR application (which has everything they need) was end of June.

Is the delay in processing of my BOWP related to my PR application being in final stage? They are supposed to send me COPR next... I have heard nothing back from BOWP/PR front.

I am getting nervous and under a lot of stress so was wondering if this has happened to someone before? I.e. they would not grant you BOWP if the PR application is very close to completion?
I don't think so.WP, Visa , PR all seem to work independently. I got Passport Request for PR single entry Immigration Visa 2 days after they gave me Temporary Resident Visa. Had i known i was going to get Passport Request i wouldn't have applied for Temporary resident Visa(TRV). I had even emailed them before applying for TRV but they gave me a standard response and no timeline on when to expect PPR. Looks like they just keep us hanging till the last moment so that we renew WP and TRVs .

Mar 21, 2015
I think you are right. I called CIC yesterday only to find out that my BOWP has been put for "further review".

Sigh.... PR applicant since march 2014 under cec, 2yrs+ work experience from a fortune 500 company and still the misery continues. Now even the BOWP is having issues. CIC is a joke. They rather have people coming and working on gas stations and mooching off of welfare.

hegarty147

Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/10/2014
AOR Received.
12/02/2015
Med's Request
18-03-2016
Med's Done....
21-03-2016 (RPRF Paid Upfront March 29th)
timhortons2015 said:
I think you are right. I called CIC yesterday only to find out that my BOWP has been put for "further review".

Sigh.... PR applicant since march 2014 under cec, 2yrs+ work experience from a fortune 500 company and still the misery continues. Now even the BOWP is having issues. CIC is a joke. They rather have people coming and working on gas stations and mooching off of welfare.
what is going on with your application ? No bowp is totally separate to my detriment. I was approved for my Bowp then 6 days later got my pr but they wont refund my bowp fees