+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does available funds include flight or just stay for TRV?

jabrown2

Nov 5, 2016
Hi,

The TRV application asks for the amount of available funds for stay in Canada. Is this just asking for Funds for the stay or for the flight as well?

I understand that they want to know you have enough for living and a return flight. My boyfriend is coming for 6 weeks. We will be sponsoring his lodging and food, as well as some from his family for flight and have supporting documents attached along with his return ticket.

However, with regards to the question in the application are they asking to include the price of the flight in that?

too little: if we put an amount that is just his living expenses while here (i.e., 1500) and they want to see he has enough for a flight as well, this will be too little.

too much:
however, if we put too much by adding on another 1000-1500 to include the flight but they assume this is how much just the stay is and thus add on another 1500 on top of that they may think its too much for what we can support.

Should we put just the stay or the flight too? (given we are showing return ticket as well)

Thank you!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
jabrown2 said:
Hi,

The TRV application asks for the amount of available funds for stay in Canada. Is this just asking for Funds for the stay or for the flight as well?

I understand that they want to know you have enough for living and a return flight. My boyfriend is coming for 6 weeks. We will be sponsoring his lodging and food, as well as some from his family for flight and have supporting documents attached along with his return ticket.

However, with regards to the question in the application are they asking to include the price of the flight in that?

too little: if we put an amount that is just his living expenses while here (i.e., 1500) and they want to see he has enough for a flight as well, this will be too little.

too much:
however, if we put too much by adding on another 1000-1500 to include the flight but they assume this is how much just the stay is and thus add on another 1500 on top of that they may think its too much for what we can support.

Should we put just the stay or the flight too? (given we are showing return ticket as well)

Thank you!
It is whatever you can show proof of. If you include booked airfare then there is no need to include it in the funds, if you haven't then it would be expected.

BTW the "we are taking care of his expenses" is secondary. He has to show he can afford the trip on his own, that is what CIC would want to see.

There is no such thing as "too much funds".