+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone here sent high school diploma from d Philippines as language proof?

kaloka

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2011
File Transfer...
03-01-2012
Med's Request
06-02-2012- started processing
Passport Req..
18-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-05-2012 :D
Hello everyone,
I would like to thank you in advance if you can answer my query. I am planning to apply for citizenship this month and i am a little worried of the language proof. I graduated high school and university undergraduate in the Philippines, total studies of 11 years. Is there anyone here had the same situation and got their citizenship?

It says in the guide that high school diploma in Canada or abroad. I am not so sure if that is enough proof or do i need to take CELPIP or EILTS?

Reactions: ephy

admontreal

Feb 15, 2011
Montreal, QC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Well it needs to be very clear that your diploma and your curriculum were in English only. If it's not clear then CIC could return your application and ask you for another proof (such as a Canadian diploma or one of those silly tests)

IamAlbertan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15-10-2011
kaloka said:
Hello everyone,
I would like to thank you in advance if you can answer my query. I am planning to apply for citizenship this month and i am a little worried of the language proof. I graduated high school and university undergraduate in the Philippines, total studies of 11 years. Is there anyone here had the same situation and got their citizenship?

It says in the guide that high school diploma in Canada or abroad. I am not so sure if that is enough proof or do i need to take CELPIP or EILTS?
I submitted my high school transcript of records and my university transcript & diploma. I also had my Canadian diploma submitted since I attended school here. These are my proof of language. I have not heard yet from CIC regarding the documents i submitted so im hoping these are enough proof to them.

kaloka

Star Member
Sep 29, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2011
File Transfer...
03-01-2012
Med's Request
06-02-2012- started processing
Passport Req..
18-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2012
LANDED..........
01-05-2012 :D
Thanks for the reply admontreal. So you think if there's no statement in my transcript and diploma that all the subjects that i took are in English its invalid and they might return my application?

Is there anyone here that took a chance on submitting there papers with the high school diploma only specifically from the Philippines? if yes please help me out. I really need info.

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
I know you looking for a specific reply from a Philippines High school diploma applicant.

But this is obvious.
admontreal was right. Unless your diploma / transcripts specifically say the study was in English. Else your application will be returned. I have a friend who was post graduate and his transcripts does not say explicitly English. He did both masters, undergraduate in English. He had to produce certificate from other test.

Reactions: determinator

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kaloka said:
Hello everyone,

Put yourself in the position of the CIC agent that will open your application - do you think he/she has any idea of the education system in Philippines or has the inclination or time to look into this if its not clear that it was entirely in English. The only such proof would be a fully detailed curriculum in English breaking down the courses.

Its best to give CIC objective evidence. 3rd party tests with CELPIP as easiest/ fastest are objective while your current documents are in subjective territory. The usual message here is unless your documents are from a country where the native (not official or business) language is English so UK, USA, Australia etc. you are better off going with the 3rd party tests.

ultimately its up to you but weigh up the potential time you will lose by waiting to submit when you have the test done versus getting your application sent back and then having to do the test...it could mean the difference between submitting this summer and this winter!

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
What will happen when they send back an application on language grounds? (Or for any other reason for that matter)

1. Do we have to sign a new application with a different date?
2. Does it make the application to go all the way to the beginning of the queue?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kumbu.bumbu said:
What will happen when they send back an application on language grounds? (Or for any other reason for that matter)

1. Do we have to sign a new application with a different date?
2. Does it make the application to go all the way to the beginning of the queue?
1. Up to you...most people decide this based on the physical days they have so if you were 1095 and want an extra buffer just in case then new date. Some also have left Canada so their 1095 day count has reduced to less than 1095 so they go with old date. Its a 90 day window before application is stale dated if I recall which CIC really should close out.

2. Of course you do...you were never in any queue in the first place.

future2010

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi Kaloka,

My wife is from Philippines and we sent her university diploma and the transcripts and it was accepted.

anne1234

Apr 21, 2014
I know few Filipinos whose applications were returned due to the fact that they have "Filipino" subject in their transcripts. But, I also knew many Filipinos who used their college/university transcript and diploma as proof of language and did not encounter any problem.

You're asking for your HIGH SCHOOL Diploma as a proof, a high school curriculum usually has lots of Filipino subjects. It may be a trigger for your application to be returned (As I have said maybe). Better yet, ask your school in the Philippines to provide a letter as a proof that the medium of instruction was English.

The best way is to call CIC. :)

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anne1234 said:
...The best way is to call CIC. :)
The CIC agent will give you a scripted answer at best or a vague ye, no, maybe - he/she won't be the one opening the application in Sidney so you can't say hey wait a minute you said it was ok. Think objective evidence versus subjective evidence and the time factor risk...I wouldn't let my luck ride on the whim of the Sidney agent and whether my document satisfies them because my friend, cousin, some person on a forum got through ok. Is there an issue with you getting a 3rd party test? How did you get PR? Did you test for PR - IELTS etc?

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
Msafiri said:
1. Up to you...most people decide this based on the physical days they have so if you were 1095 and want an extra buffer just in case then new date. Some also have left Canada so their 1095 day count has reduced to less than 1095 so they go with old date. Its a 90 day window before application is stale dated if I recall which CIC really should close out.

2. Of course you do...you were never in any queue in the first place.
Thank you. +1 ed.

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
anne1234 said:
I know few Filipinos whose applications were returned due to the fact that they have "Filipino" subject in their transcripts. But, I also knew many Filipinos who used their college/university transcript and diploma as proof of language and did not encounter any problem.

You're asking for your HIGH SCHOOL Diploma as a proof, a high school curriculum usually has lots of Filipino subjects. It may be a trigger for your application to be returned (As I have said maybe). Better yet, ask your school in the Philippines to provide a letter as a proof that the medium of instruction was English.

The best way is to call CIC. :)
OP already has the letter from school. Question is whether CIC would accept letter when the requirement says certificate or transcript.

anne1234

Apr 21, 2014
kaloka said:
Hello everyone,

kaloka said:
Thanks for the reply admontreal. So you think if there's no statement in my transcript and diploma that all the subjects that i took are in English its invalid and they might return my application?

Is there anyone here that took a chance on submitting there papers with the high school diploma only specifically from the Philippines? if yes please help me out. I really need info.

kumbu.bumbu said:
OP already has the letter from school. Question is whether CIC would accept letter when the requirement says certificate or transcript.
I'm sorry, but I did not see that the OP already have the letter from school. All I saw was the high school diploma. :)

kumbu.bumbu

Jan 13, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2014
anne1234 said:
kumbu.bumbu said:
I'm sorry, but I did not see that the OP already have the letter from school. All I saw was the high school diploma. :)
My mistake.
Thanks for correcting me. I thought I was replying to this thread.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/language-requirment-t225880.0.html;msg3273770#msg3273770