+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone have any experience in terms of how to contact CBSA to remove a travel enforcement flag?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My MP is eager to help but doesn't know how - she has never heard of anyone contacting IRCC or CBSA for immigration issues
Frightening. Tell your mp to get their office staff (constituency office) to get their proverbial shit together. Poach someone from another mp's office. Ask their party's caucus leader how. (Seriously, what party is this mp from? This is really basic stuff.)

If they don't know how, they ask the Minister's office how to get help. In this case it's immigration minister and public safety minister.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
Frightening. Tell your mp to get their office staff (constituency office) to get their proverbial shit together. Poach someone from another mp's office. Ask their party's caucus leader how. (Seriously, what party is this mp from? This is really basic stuff.)

If they don't know how, they ask the Minister's office how to get help. In this case it's immigration minister and public safety minister.
I reached out to my MP as well, so you recall if the MP coordinated any forms to be signed with you or what was the process like for you and the length of time it took from contacting the MP to removing the flag? I've read your other post in another thread and would be great to learn more about it.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I reached out to my MP as well, so you recall if the MP coordinated any forms to be signed with you or what was the process like for you and the length of time it took from contacting the MP to removing the flag? I've read your other post in another thread and would be great to learn more about it.
I contacted the MP's office, they got back to me to ask a couple questions, but main thing was a privacy permissions form of some sort, and they asked me to give them a summary of situation in written form. Sorry, I've no idea exactly how they contacted or did after this.

But listen: EVERY Minister's office has an assistant that works on / helps with communications with MPs. I don't recall what they term this position, liaison with legislative affairs or something, perhaps. (I know IRCC has some more specific method for MP's to ask questions but again - MP's offices should know this stuff.)

Ask the MP's office to contact the Minister's office and ask how if they can't figure it out. I'd start with IRCC as they have more experience dealing with MPs (that's probably a quarter of constituency work for most MPs.) CBSA (and other police/security agencies) can be a bit more prickly about outsiders asking questions.

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
Hi did you have any luck? currently going through this. entered as a refugee 10 years ago and I am now a Canadian Citizen and CBSA officer said a flag shows up because of this reason
It’s the same for me as I’m a Canadian citizen now and recently travelled to US and found that there is a red flag on my status how to remove it plzzzzz someone help

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
What should I say yo my MP?
I recently moved to a house but my citizenship address is different which MP should I contact
You write to your MP, explain your situation and ask if they can help - tell them you have a flag which takes you to secondary inspection, and you believe it should have been removed/ should be removed since you are now a citizen.

Your 'which MP' question makes no sense. You have an MP who represents you based on where you live now. There's no such thing as your 'citizenship address.' There's a place where you no longer live.

Reactions: Mano1110786

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
You write to your MP, explain your situation and ask if they can help - tell them you have a flag which takes you to secondary inspection, and you believe it should have been removed/ should be removed since you are now a citizen.

Your 'which MP' question makes no sense. You have an MP who represents you based on where you live now. There's no such thing as your 'citizenship address.' There's a place where you no longer live.
Thank you for the advice I really appreciate it!!!
I already went to US twice and it was like a nightmare to me .
Nexus stopped me at Toronto airport
And canada stopped me too twice and explained that there’s a red flag.
I requested CBSA to remove it but they asked to contact IRCC and iRCC ask CBSA.
Well I will contact MP tomorrow hopefully I get something

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for the advice I really appreciate it!!!
I already went to US twice and it was like a nightmare to me .
Nexus stopped me at Toronto airport
And canada stopped me too twice and explained that there’s a red flag.
I requested CBSA to remove it but they asked to contact IRCC and iRCC ask CBSA.
Well I will contact MP tomorrow hopefully I get something
The MP's offices can have better and worse staff. But mainly, what they'll be doing is helping you ask a question/request of IRCC. They mostly can't directly change how that will go, but they can help ask the question properly.

Also note: answer will include the (ritual) statement that you still might get secondary inspection, that's normal. Main thing is if there is anything saying change to file.

And it will likely take several/a few weeks, minimum, and some back and forth with the MP's office.

One comment, I've no idea how this interacts with nexus, I thought one has to also inform nexus of status changes, but again - I don't know much about that.

Reactions: Mano1110786

Mano1110786

Oct 25, 2019
The MP's offices can have better and worse staff. But mainly, what they'll be doing is helping you ask a question/request of IRCC. They mostly can't directly change how that will go, but they can help ask the question properly.

Also note: answer will include the (ritual) statement that you still might get secondary inspection, that's normal. Main thing is if there is anything saying change to file.

And it will likely take several/a few weeks, minimum, and some back and forth with the MP's office.

One comment, I've no idea how this interacts with nexus, I thought one has to also inform nexus of status changes, but again - I don't know much about that.
I’m hoping for the best. Thanks for replying again

Reactions: armoured

Hansanta

Star Member
Sep 30, 2023
I recently got my flag removed by submitting a very detailed request to CBSA and IRCC in removing the flag by justifying that I travel frequently and my entire history is on record and the fact that I already have a PR for many years yet I keep getting sent for secondary inspection. Sooo after 7 months and 3 Webform requests and 1 MP request later my flag was FINALLY REMOVED! I got a confirmation email from CBSA from their "Travellers Correspondence" team confirming the following:

"The CBSA has reviewed your file and identified the cause of these referrals. We are pleased to confirm that the information that caused the referrals has now been removed."

Since then I haven't been stopped for secondary exam thank god!! It was such a pain to stand in those lines over and over again after long flights. I hope this helps those going through it.

helton

Nov 28, 2023
Hi everyone, My father in law is filing for my wife 2 years after marriage and she stated that she is singke on her application. Can i take legal action or what can i do?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone, My father in law is filing for my wife 2 years after marriage and she stated that she is singke on her application. Can i take legal action or what can i do?
You can post in a thread and forum that has something to do with your question, not just random ones like this one, please.

And if you write sentences that contain enough information for someone to understand what your question is, that would be better.