+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

does anybody have experience with UK VAC in London & actual processing times?

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks Bryanna you are very helpful! I will definitely send a CSE. I read that they take 10 working days to reply back! I just want to be prepared if we receive bad news. We have paid for the holiday and we want to apply immediately if it's refused, i know i need to hope for the best.. but it's difficult! :(

so for the CSE, shall i create a document with the proof you have suggested in your previous posts and ask them to take a look at it? or just ask for the status of the application? What else can I ask them exactly?

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also we applied online. So im checking emails but no update received yet.

AnnPCD

Jul 7, 2016
Hi Bryanna

Yous seem very well informed about Canadian visas. Can I ask you a question?

I'm bolivian and currently I'm a Msc student in UK and my scholarship and the course is ending the 20th september but I still have the student visa until 20 january 2017 due the graduation dates. I'm planning to stay until october/early november to travel around Europe and then leave to my country but I dont have that ticket yet.
I want to go to Canada to visit some friends that I meet in my country some years ago, is cheaper do it from here, so I'm taking the opportunity. I'm about to send my application today to travel august 28th (I hope is enough time). I'm worry about how to convince them that I wont stay in Canada (seems very important). I have an aggrement with my scholarship that I should go back to my country, they will pay my ticket back to my country but I dont have it yet. My classes are ending and I dont have a job in my country. Do you think this is a problem.
I have a invitation letter from my friend (proff of accomodation, paymet bills, birth certificate).
bank statements (uk account, bolivian accounts with enough money)
itinerary (just with names of places and people because I'm staying with my friend and friend of him, I'm not booking anything because everything is with friends and friends of friends)
ticket london-montreal / montreal-london
student status letter
A cover letter explaning all this
travel history (I've been travelling europe in december, and a lot other countries in south america
Passport scanned
IMM5257B_1
IMM5257E
IMM5645E

I'm really worry about it because is still a lot on money on the ticket (unrefundable) that I can't loss like that. This seems pretty unfair.

I really appreciate some help with this. It stress me a lot.

Thanks in advance!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

It's not advisable to buy flight tickets until a visa is issued. If you really must buy tickets then it must be refundable flight tickets.

My advice:
Please do not submit your Canada TRV application tomorrow. IMHO your chances of getting a TRV with these documents are very slim.

You have not included any evidence/reason to return to the UK:
Tenancy agreement, thesis or project completion, convocation, evidence to prove you are a bona fide student, confirmed flight bookings from the UK back to Bolivia as per your scholarship agreement, a well-planned day-by-day itinerary as a tourist to visit Canada, etc

Cheers

AnnPCD

Jul 7, 2016
Bryanna said:
Hi,

It's not advisable to buy flight tickets until a visa is issued. If you really must buy tickets then it must be refundable flight tickets.

My advice:
Please do not submit your Canada TRV application tomorrow. IMHO your chances of getting a TRV with these documents are very slim.

You have not included any evidence/reason to return to the UK:
Tenancy agreement, thesis or project completion, convocation, evidence to prove you are a bona fide student, confirmed flight bookings from the UK back to Bolivia as per your scholarship agreement, a well-planned day-by-day itinerary as a tourist to visit Canada, etc

Cheers
Hi,
Thank you for your answer.

I asked to university for a letter with the dates of the completition of my studies, finall results and graduation date. By then I will have finished my dissertation but I have to receive my final grades and to assit to my graduation (which is not obligatory). I dont have my return ticket to my country because we have to book them in august. I can include my loans aggremment with the scholarship (but ends in september). I can explain that I have my own funds to stay until october (my tentant contract is until then).
I have a tentant contract until november
What do you mean with convocation?
I was planning to include the document of aggrement with my scholarship to go back to my country and stay there for two years. Its and aggrement with the british embassy and it is signed and dated.
I was planning to include property documents that I have in my country (I have a car) so I have to go back.
My itineary is week based, as I will be with my friend and friends of my friend. I have included their addressess. Is that good enough? I'm not booking hotels.
I will include a cover letter explaining all these details.
How much time do you think is going to take the processing. Do I have time to try to include my flight to go back to my country, maybe.

Well, I couldnt find a refundable ticket :(

Thank you for your help. I dont know what else to inlcude. Do I need an insurance? the list of documents does not ask me for one but I have read that some people include it.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi AnnPCD,

I seem to have missed it: For how long do you plan to visit Canada ie from August 28 onward? Do keep your visit to 2 weeks max.

Your reasons to return to the UK:
Your scholarship (September) + tenancy agreement, highlight any forfeiture clause, collect your belongings, to close your UK bank accounts + to book tickets to Bolivia + proofs of any Europe trips you have planned after you return from Canada (hotel bookings, flights, visas, etc)

You must also include:
1. Proofs of your UK immigration status: Biometric residence permit (BRP), study visa, etc

2. Ties to your Bolivia: Family ties + property including valuation + if it is rented then rent agreement and 2-3 months rental income + car + financial investments + any job offers (if possible)

3. Prepare a 'My Travel History' explanation.... tabular format listing visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit + scan these visas

4. Not a week-based itinerary.... prepare a well-thought out day-by-day itinerary like a typical tourist for sightseeing, events, meeting friends, etc.... with expense estimates + include proofs that you can pay for this itinerary

5. Include 2-3 months credit card statements (if the dues are low)

Cheers

AnnPCD

Jul 7, 2016
Bryanna said:
Hi AnnPCD,

I seem to have missed it: For how long do you plan to visit Canada ie from August 28 onward? Do keep your visit to 2 weeks max.

Your reasons to return to the UK:
Your scholarship (September) + tenancy agreement, highlight any forfeiture clause, collect your belongings, to close your UK bank accounts + to book tickets to Bolivia + proofs of any Europe trips you have planned after you return from Canada (hotel bookings, flights, visas, etc)

You must also include:
1. Proofs of your UK immigration status: Biometric residence permit (BRP), study visa, etc

2. Ties to your Bolivia: Family ties + property including valuation + if it is rented then rent agreement and 2-3 months rental income + car + financial investments + any job offers (if possible)

3. Prepare a 'My Travel History' explanation.... tabular format listing visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit + scan these visas

Cheers
Hi,

Thank you very much for your help.

I'm staying from the 28th august to 14th september (18 days). A little bit more than two weeks :(

I can include many of those things, I'm booking my return ticket but is going to take a week. How much time do you think is needed to process my application. Can I take one week more? Like send everything in mid-july? (18th more or less).
I have propertis but I dont have that papers here. I couldnt image that I could need all that. Will see what I can do but I need time. Do you think I have it?

Thank you again. You are genious!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

We've seen quick decisions from the London VO in the past (quite a few were even in one day). It's anyone'e guess though. Current average processing time is 8 days.

You can have someone scan/email your property papers.... do translate it if it's not in English by a certified translator.

I edited my earlier post without seeing your reply.... do check for the 'Purpose of visit'/itinerary point + credit card statements

Prepare a Covering Letter with sections for your strong ties to the UK + strong ties to Bolivia + why you must return to the UK by September 18

Cheers

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Another point:
Your friend in Canada must also give you copies of his passport + immigration status in Canada

AnnPCD

Jul 7, 2016
Bryanna said:
Another point:
Your friend in Canada must also give you copies of his passport + immigration status in Canada
Dear Jesus, I just wanted to visit some friends in Canada and now I'm in the middle of an endless paperwork as if I was about to commit a crime. I understand from where are they comming from, but honestly, is such an unfair and distressing situation.

Thank you Bryanna, you have been really helpful.

Wish me luck.

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey AnnPCD,

can you please let me know the time line once you've applied. We have applied for TRV (online) from London , but still waiting for a reply (50 days passed!!!). I hope they process yours very quickly!

regards
Hansi

AnnPCD

Jul 7, 2016
Hansi89 said:
Hey AnnPCD,

can you please let me know the time line once you've applied. We have applied for TRV (online) from London , but still waiting for a reply (50 days passed!!!). I hope they process yours very quickly!

regards
Hansi
Hi Hansi,

Thanks. I will. I can't believe you didn't got a reply yet. The 7 days of processing time is completely misleading, as you can tell. This is completely discouraging and I think that is the point, isn't it. I hope you are not having problems because of that.

Regards.

PD. I'm sorry to break in your entry.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Ann,

The 7 days of processing time is completely misleading, as you can tell.
This is not true. We have seen a number of TRV decisions in even one day from the London VO.

Fingers crossed you get your TRV soon :)

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Ann,

yes it's very stressful atm. out flights are on 30-08 so we just need a decision, if it's negative we have time to apply. I hope they will make a decision within this week or atleast next week.

make sure you have all the docs Bryanna has suggested. Unfortunately for us I discovered this forum recently and did not include some additional docs. anyways, visa for Canada is so diffcult. I believe schengen, uk and us visa's are so much easier and faster!

good luck!

AnnPCD

Jul 7, 2016
Bryanna said:
Hi Ann,
This is not true. We have seen a number of TRV decisions in even one day from the London VO.

Fingers crossed you get your TRV soon :)
Thanks, I hope is not. I'm just a little bit blue with all the endless requirements that I'm trying to meet, sorry.
Hansi, hopefully, they take into account your/our time frame planned and because you still got time, they are not replying yet. Although, I believe these months are high season. You should try to contact them, you've been waiting long enough. You will be fine, though.

Yeah, I thought that I learnt about the awful process with the UK and Schengen visa and I was prepared for this one, but no, it got even worse.

Good luck you too.