+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does an applicant with CRS score = 317 have any chances of getting a PNP?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Hi all,

I'm trying to help a friend located abroad who's quite new to the immigration process, i've done my FSW application back in 2010 so a lot has changed since then and i'm not quite up to speed when it comes to the Express Entry and the Provincial nomination process.

To provide some context, he has a bachelor's degree and 10+ years experience in the IT/Telecom industry, IELTS score of 7. All his work experience and education was all abroad, has no family or relatives in Canada. He created the express entry profile with a CRS score of 317, its clear that his score is way below the cutoff to get an ITA, but wanted to know if there are any provincial programs currently open which he could apply for?

I've had a look at the SINP program as well as Nova Scotia Provincial nomination program, and his profession is not included in their skills shortages list. Is there any other province (or territory) nomination program that he may qualify for - only based on the IT skills/work experience without having a canadian job offer?

Last edited: