+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does age difference / previous marriages matter?

GetUsHome

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
We each have been married before and there is an 11 year age difference. Also now same sex and we are getting jerked around. VO figures we could be roommates. I have offered to send the sex tape.

Itsy

Mar 7, 2012
Yeah, sex tape is a good argument!!!
I was looking at our pictures today, to find ones that will be good to send to CIC ... we always travel together and take pictures of each other, but pretty much none together (it is a bit hard to accomplish). The ones that we have taken together were mostly experimental artsy stuff that is a bit too explicit ... aaaarrgh we don't even have normal pictures =)) like everyone else has!
Bottom line, you send the sex tape, we send our pictures and CIC can open a pretty good business hehe

CHeers, Itsy

Deficient

Feb 22, 2012
Montreal, Quebec
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
11/07/2012 [CSQ]
File Transfer...
08/06/2012
Med's Request
Signature has med furtherance details
Med's Done....
10/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
Itsy said:
Yeah, sex tape is a good argument!!!
I was looking at our pictures today, to find ones that will be good to send to CIC ... we always travel together and take pictures of each other, but pretty much none together (it is a bit hard to accomplish).
This came to my mind too when assembling my application. The only solution I could think of was, in instances where perhaps we each took a picture of the other standing in the same spot, is to include both of the pics and hope the VO accepts that they were more than likely taken on the same day while in each other's presence (assuming they can see that other variable features in the pics like weather and surrounding non-fixed objects are consistent). Who knows if they'll accept it, but it seemed like the best solution in the absence of anything better.

Itsy

Mar 7, 2012
That is what we decided to do too!
I am also printing out the "timeline" from facebook (the new front page). It actually documented our relationship pretty well with all the dates, places, people's comments etc. Thank you facebook for being such a great resource for the government!!! (Made me feel a bit creeped out though =))
Another thing I am doing is a collage of all our pictures (the ones where we are separate, but together =)) with detailed explanations of what is happening, where they were taken etc. Who would've thought that my parents were wrong saying Fine Arts is a useless degree =)

Cheers, Itsy

mr70

Sep 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope previous marriages do not have any negative effects,my spouse and I both have had previous marriages. I think that just gives us something more we share in common,shows we both are not perfect and that we are human. I hope our processing VO sees it this way also. We have done nothing wrong and accept that we both have a past. I think that just brings us closer together even though we are apart. Stay strong and think positve everyone.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Both spouses having had previous marriages is not usually seen as a problem, as long as both partners know about the other's marriages and why they broke up. What is a problem is different marital histories - for example, if a twice-divorced woman with 3 kids marries a never-before-married man with no kids. Even then, this is a bigger problem for an arranged marriage. It can be explained away if the couple met the usual way in Western countries, fell in love, ...

charmainefrances

Oct 24, 2011
St. Albert, Alberta
Visa Office......
CPC/VEGREVILLE TRANSFERRED TO CIC-EDMONTON
App. Filed.......
23-11-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
12-10-2013
Med's Done....
23-10-2013 received by cic 31-10-2013
Interview........
12-09-2013 PASSED
Passport Req..
18-03-2014 PPR OF MY SON
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2014
LANDED..........
June 24,2014 To God be the glory! PR CARD received: August 22, 2014 (exactly 60 days after landing)! Son's PR card arrived August 27, 2014 (exactly 65 days after landing)
Deficient said:
This came to my mind too when assembling my application. The only solution I could think of was, in instances where perhaps we each took a picture of the other standing in the same spot, is to include both of the pics and hope the VO accepts that they were more than likely taken on the same day while in each other's presence (assuming they can see that other variable features in the pics like weather and surrounding non-fixed objects are consistent). Who knows if they'll accept it, but it seemed like the best solution in the absence of anything better.
The io who reviewed our file questioned pictures of me and my husband not together though it was the same day, same weather, same place. We found this out when we ordered foss notes. So we wrote a letter answering all the remarks on our file. Regarding the pics, we answered, we were taking pics of each other . Obviously, we were on the same place, it was just so hard to take pics without a tripod.
So to make the story short we bought a tripod. . Io's are just mking simple things that they can easily figure out more complicated! Arg!

mr70

Sep 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianwoman said:
Both spouses having had previous marriages is not usually seen as a problem, as long as both partners know about the other's marriages and why they broke up. What is a problem is different marital histories - for example, if a twice-divorced woman with 3 kids marries a never-before-married man with no kids. Even then, this is a bigger problem for an arranged marriage. It can be explained away if the couple met the usual way in Western countries, fell in love, ...
My spouse and I know each others histories. We have some potential issues in the eyes of CIC like the marriages,kids,no kids and different countries. But we are aligned similar in other aspects of our lives,like our ages,religions,education etc. From our perspective we are a typical couple,our pros outweigh our cons. We hope that we submitted enough but have more to send if need be.

weary-damsil31

Star Member
Feb 8, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
April 28,2012
LANDED..........
July 10/14
Itsy said:
That is what we decided to do too!
I am also printing out the "timeline" from facebook (the new front page). It actually documented our relationship pretty well with all the dates, places, people's comments etc. Thank you facebook for being such a great resource for the government!!! (Made me feel a bit creeped out though =))
Another thing I am doing is a collage of all our pictures (the ones where we are separate, but together =)) with detailed explanations of what is happening, where they were taken etc. Who would've thought that my parents were wrong saying Fine Arts is a useless degree =)

Cheers, Itsy
Wow,Itsy! lol... i have been worried about our pictures too.. we are now preparing all our requirements so as filling out the forms and hopefully on the first week of april we could send it. i am just waiting for my daughter's medical exam.in the phils. just few minutes ago i went through all our posts in facebook and was thinking to print those topics/pictures in which he got comments from his family and friends since i haven't met them yet but we always talk over skype...guess ill take a picture of us skyping too! hahaha...

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
weary-damsil31 said:
Wow,Itsy! lol... i have been worried about our pictures too.. we are now preparing all our requirements so as filling out the forms and hopefully on the first week of april we could send it. i am just waiting for my daughter's medical exam.in the phils. just few minutes ago i went through all our posts in facebook and was thinking to print those topics/pictures in which he got comments from his family and friends since i haven't met them yet but we always talk over skype...guess ill take a picture of us skyping too! hahaha...
actually us too we took lots pictures of each other!!! it's really the normal way ::) many of the ones together r either with no background either one of us is too focused to take the picture so on...although we have plenty of pics together, it sas time consuming to find "good" ones; eeeh whatever, what can we do? we sent what we had, even picture of each other in the same place, same date etc (i did put in the label - who's in the picture and who took the picture)

by the way friends/family comments on ur fb pictures is really good idea and good proof for the ones who have it :)

hmm i see this discussion has nothing to do with the thread title ::) LOL

Itsy

Mar 7, 2012
We should start a new thread: "Unconventional proof of a relationship", as it turned out to be "the hot topic" =)) So if you guys can post your ideas there, it will be great plus a good resource for everyone. I think most couples have similar issues (i.e. no tripod =))
Cheers, Itsy

GetUsHome

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
AAAAAAAAUUURRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I just want this to be over. But I like the unconventional proof thread idea. Boy have I got some suggestions.

bluecamas

Feb 13, 2012
If you end up with a wacko handling your case, nothing matters because they have agendas. I got the CAIPS notes and it was an insane, bullying interview. So, I filed for appeal. I won't be wasting years of my life in battle though. I know of some with horror stories of years of appeals, lots of money spent stress etc. Some stay and battle. Some leave. Myself I have one foot in Canada and one foot in India. I have an offer with a major international travel agency in Mumbai. I also am an accountant and can retain some clients etc. Years apart from my husband is not an option. Already too long. The invasion into a couple's private life is terrible. We were assessed not geniune. We have a 10 year relationship. There is new laws coming into place to discourage marriage fraud. I really hope it eliminates the stupidity and impossibility of assessing what is a geniune marriage. Impossible. Here take the bio and wedding photos of Karla Holmoka and Paul Bernado. Didn't they look good?
India bound here and happy about it. Home is where the heart is.

Fencesitter

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 13, 2012
AOR Received.
AOR2 July 25, 2012
File Transfer...
July 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 1, 2012
Interview........
WAIVED!
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 24, 2012
LANDED..........
Jan 30, 2013
GetUsHome said:
I have offered to send the sex tape.
Classic...if the VO doesn't believe you after seeing the sex tape (or still images taken from the video), then the VO is a serious a$$hole!

It's unbelievable that we have to go to such lengths...why not just have a polygraph as part of the process...

Perhaps some genius should write a computer program to take the place of a human VO...maybe then things would be easier??!!

FS

lukabby

May 17, 2012
Hey I have just read your post's head light, and it really thrilled me. I am 15 years younger than my wife. I am 25. I have been living in Canada for over tow years on a study permit, and have been married with my wife for 8 months now. We still haven't put in our application because we are just enjoying out time. We are taking our time. We have everything organized, primary and secondary supporting documents, so when we think we are ready to submit it everything will come easy. Unlike your marriage, neither of us has never gotten married in the past, and we are so enjoying each other. Thanks for your post and wish all the best for you two.