+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does 8 months of canadian work experience contribute points to foreign work experience ???

sindrom1992

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
I have 13 months of full time experience with one employee and 22 months of full time experience with another employee. All those experience were in a foreign country.

Currently I am in Canada and I have 8 months of experience.

In total I have 3 years and 5 months of work experience which give me 50 points in CSR

Will those 8 months of canadian work experience contribute points towards foreign work experience ???

Vancouver0120

Feb 15, 2020
I have 13 months of full time experience with one employee and 22 months of full time experience with another employee. All those experience were in a foreign country.

In total I have 3 years and 5 months of work experience which give me 50 points in CSR

Will those 8 months of canadian work experience contribute points towards foreign work experience ???
Hi sindrom1992,
Foreign work experience has to be received outside Canadian borders. Canadian experience on the other hand is only helpful if applying under Canadian Experience Class (CEC).

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

In my opinion they will not count. You only have 35 months (2.91 years, almost 3 but not quite) of foreign work experience.

sindrom1992

Star Member
Feb 14, 2017
Thanks guys for your responses.

When I created and submitted my express express entry profile my Canadian work experience was calculated and I recieved 472 points. Now when I recieved the GCSMS note, the case analyst has shown concerns and verified only one year of experience and thus recomanded removal of 25points. The canadian experiences is not even mentioned in the notes?? Why do you think is this?

thephdguy

Oct 1, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
You may have made a mistake in your EE profile when listing your work experience, or, like other people I've read on this forum, sometimes the system rounds up months to the nearest year, and in your case, it was really close (from 35 to 36), so that may be something that could have happened. As we said before, all foreign work experience (outside of Canada) is counted separately from Canadian work experience, for Canadian experience to count, it needs to be at least 1 continuous year (if I remember correctly).