+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents to submit for Spouse

Suesue2017

Jan 12, 2017
Hi All,
My friend got her ITA under the CEC class she resides in Canada her husband is in her home country in the Caribbean, she is the principal applicant what documents does she need to submit for her spouse? Is there a thread that she can read?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Medicals and PCC.

Other documents are dependent as to whether points were claimed for language tests, work experience, education, siblings, etc.

Mila-666

Sep 26, 2017
Medicals and PCC.

Other documents are dependent as to whether points were claimed for language tests, work experience, education, siblings, etc.
Hi,
I have a similar situation. I'm currently working in Canada, but my spouse is outside Canada. For his medical, do we have to wait for instructions from CIC after I submit everything else, or do we have to submit everything including his medical when submitting the application?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I have a similar situation. I'm currently working in Canada, but my spouse is outside Canada. For his medical, do we have to wait for instructions from CIC after I submit everything else, or do we have to submit everything including his medical when submitting the application?
You won't receive any instructions, book an appointment for an upfront medical and submit it with your eAPR.

Mila-666

Sep 26, 2017
You won't receive any instructions, book an appointment for an upfront medical and submit it with your eAPR.
I already did my medical in Canada, but for my spouse's medical, what information (for example:application number, copy of invitation letter) does he need to provide when he books his medical appointment? And will his medical test results be send to Canada or the Canadian embassy in the country where he is now? Any additional information regarding to this would be so much helpful.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I already did my medical in Canada, but for my spouse's medical, what information (for example:application number, copy of invitation letter) does he need to provide when he books his medical appointment? And will his medical test results be send to Canada or the Canadian embassy in the country where he is now? Any additional information regarding to this would be so much helpful.
You have to call the clinic to see if they require for him to bring any documents related to your application, it varies from clinic to clinic.

Everything is done electronically and uploaded directly to the system that they use, you only have to worry about uploading the e-medical sheet that your spouse will receive.

Mila-666

Sep 26, 2017
You have to call the clinic to see if they require for him to bring any documents related to your application, it varies from clinic to clinic.

Everything is done electronically and uploaded directly to the system that they use, you only have to worry about uploading the e-medical sheet that your spouse will receive.
Hi,

I need urgent help... my spouse booked his medical appointment outside Canada, and they are asking for IME number. But I checked my e-medical form and under IME it's showing "non EDE" (that's definitely not a number). Also, they told him that they need the IME, and told him that I need to submit my PR application in order for him to get the medical, otherwise the only option for him is to have a medical for "visitor" purposes. My spouse explained to them that I was invited to apply for PR, and we have to have the medical form to submit our application. Im really confused, and stressed about this. Im not sure if they are not familiar with the steps for CEC or this is the way it should be? Another question, where do they submit the medical results? They told my spouse that they will submit the medical results to the Canada embassy in our home country, is it right?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I need urgent help... my spouse booked his medical appointment outside Canada, and they are asking for IME number. But I checked my e-medical form and under IME it's showing "non EDE" (that's definitely not a number). Also, they told him that they need the IME, and told him that I need to submit my PR application in order for him to get the medical, otherwise the only option for him is to have a medical for "visitor" purposes. My spouse explained to them that I was invited to apply for PR, and we have to have the medical form to submit our application. Im really confused, and stressed about this. Im not sure if they are not familiar with the steps for CEC or this is the way it should be? Another question, where do they submit the medical results? They told my spouse that they will submit the medical results to the Canada embassy in our home country, is it right?
Tell them he needs an upfront medical and that you will not get such IME number. If they refuse I'd look for another clinic as they seem to be quite useless.

worldmariner

Nov 26, 2011
canada
Visa Office......
DELHI
App. Filed.......
26JULY2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
27JUNE2012
VISA ISSUED...
3AUG2012
LANDED..........
28AUG2012
please read the IRCC letter in which they ask give instructions to you to submit your spouse documents. in the letter they state clearly that once you submit your spouse required and listed documents to the portal, then IRCC will send a medical request form with unique IME number along with your spouse name on it. take that form to medical test center to get medicals done.

worldmariner

Nov 26, 2011
canada
Visa Office......
DELHI
App. Filed.......
26JULY2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
27JUNE2012
VISA ISSUED...
3AUG2012
LANDED..........
28AUG2012
Hi,

yes correct the medical examination center will update the medical report to IRCC in 4-5 days or little longer dependent on the country and the center. it is normal. these changed have been recently done for PR applicant's spouse in different countries