+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents to be submitted during pregnancy,for online PR application,after ITA?

iawz

Jul 15, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
16-09-2015
AOR Received.
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
01-01-2016
Hi Everyone,

I have received ITA since last month and preparing my online PR application. In documents checklist, it is required to upload the proof of medicals (e-medical) for all applicants. But my wife is pregnant. We went to the designated medical center (here in Saudi Arabia) and did the medicals for me only as for my wife they said that they would not do any kind of medicals untill the delivery and also did not give me any document / report to upload.

Now can anyone kindly guide me, in this scenario what to do and what document to upload as the "proof of medicals". Can it be a report from the regular ob/gyne dr we are seeing or it should be from the specified medical center?

* I have gone through different posts in the forum, but couldn't find the exact answer for my this question, therefore I am putting up new post.

Thanks in advance,

prasenjit1986

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Hey Man,

Hope you are successfully settled in Canada. I'm in a similar issue as you were some time back - my wife is pregnant and I wanted to know how did you manage the medical and X-Rays for your wife when she was pregnant?

Is there any special process for pregnant women for medical check required for Express Entry?

Let me know.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
prasenjit1986 said:
Hope you are successfully settled in Canada. I'm in a similar issue as you were some time back - my wife is pregnant and I wanted to know how did you manage the medical and X-Rays for your wife when she was pregnant?

Is there any special process for pregnant women for medical check required for Express Entry?
It is up to you guys whether she undergoes the x-ray while pregnant.

If you choose to wait, the Panel Physician will do all of the other tests and give your wife a deferral for the x-ray. She will then complete the x-ray after giving birth.

iawz

Jul 15, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
16-09-2015
AOR Received.
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
01-01-2016
prasenjit1986 said:
Hey Man,

Let me know.

Hi..

To submit your medical, you will have to wait till the medicals are completed (blood test etc and x-rays are done). and Its very important and safe for the baby to not take any x-rays during pregnancy. So, better to do medicals for you now and submit. And do the medicals for your wife and new born child together, after birth, as you also need to do medicals for your newborn. This is what I did.

prasenjit1986

Star Member
Jul 16, 2016
Medicals for newborn! :eek:

This is something which I haven't heard before. But regardless, let's now wait for ITA and then will proceed further.

Thanks for your info :)