+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents Required

armando77

Feb 25, 2013
Hello is any one know that after you complete eligibility period being a permanent resident in Canada we can apply for Citizenship, in order to apply just wondering what documents need to send with Application, as CIC web site just asking following Application, Photos, Fees, Marriage Certificate and 2 Photo ID, proof of English Language, and Biographic copy of Passport., So need to know that should I have to send Birth Certificate ?, my PR Card copy ? and my education certificates ? and what else? Citizenship certificate from other country ?

Please any one who have gone through or know about would appreciate your replies.

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Hello is any one know that after you complete eligibility period being a permanent resident in Canada we can apply for Citizenship, in order to apply just wondering what documents need to send with Application, as CIC web site just asking following Application, Photos, Fees, Marriage Certificate and 2 Photo ID, proof of English Language, and Biographic copy of Passport., So need to know that should I have to send Birth Certificate ?, my PR Card copy ? and my education certificates ? and what else? Citizenship certificate from other country ?

Please any one who have gone through or know about would appreciate your replies.
Where did you see the need for marriage certificate?
The list of documents you need to send with the initial application is pretty small. You may need to collect additional documents and have it ready in case you think you have a complicated case or barely meet the physical presence requirements but that is just you preparing for any eventuality. Follow the instructions in the Application Package for Citizenship grant and you will be good.

Reactions: armando77

Sarani

Mar 15, 2018

Include: Any other ID(s) beside PR card i.e. Driving Lic. and/or Health Card

Reactions: armando77

armando77

Feb 25, 2013
Where did you see the need for marriage certificate?
The list of documents you need to send with the initial application is pretty small. You may need to collect additional documents and have it ready in case you think you have a complicated case or barely meet the physical presence requirements but that is just you preparing for any eventuality. Follow the instructions in the Application Package for Citizenship grant and you will be good.
Hi, On the check list documents asking Marriage or Divorce certificate, if you see checklist yes there are few requirements with initial application but I found on some places on the web it says that send all your education transcript, full Passport copies new and expired, if you hold other nationality those certificates your PR copy, birth certificate so just confused that should I have to send it with Application ? also the language requirement I have certificate from 2012 which shows my language score so is it work or need to send latest one? thanks for your assistance and experience, appreciated.

armando77

Feb 25, 2013
Include: Any other ID(s) beside PR card i.e. Driving Lic. and/or Health Card

Hi all, On the check list documents asking Marriage or Divorce certificate, if you see checklist yes there are few requirements with initial application but I found on some places on the web it says that send all your education transcript, full Passport copies new and expired, if you hold other nationality those certificates your PR copy, birth certificate so just confused that should I have to send it with Application ? also the language requirement I have certificate from 2012 which shows my language score so is it work or need to send latest one? thanks for your assistance and experience, appreciated.

armando77

Feb 25, 2013
It does not ask this anywhere on the citizenship application checklist
Hi, what about Passport should I have to send just front page which is biographic copy or have to send all pages where all visas issued, also regarding English language requirement I received certificate from local government authorized language center on 2016 about my level of English is it valid for citizenship? Thank you.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hi, what about Passport should I have to send just front page which is biographic copy or have to send all pages where all visas issued, also regarding English language requirement I received certificate from local government authorized language center on 2016 about my level of English is it valid for citizenship? Thank you.
Just follow the checklist.
If it asks for BIOGRAPHICAL pages on your passport, it asks for biographical pages and nothing else.
There's also a list of acceptable proofs of language proficiency on the application page. See if your diploma qualifies there.

Good luck!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015

I encourage you to give this guide a thorough read:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

It answers most of the questions you are asking above regarding language proof, what documents you need to sumbit, how to submit them etc.

I know, it's a longer document but it really is worth reading it in its entirety. It will save you from many surprises later!

This is the official guide. Don't stick to stuff "you read somewhere on the internet", this guide is the authority.

Reactions: vasvas

armando77

Feb 25, 2013
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

It answers most of the questions you are asking above regarding language proof, what documents you need to sumbit, how to submit them etc.

I know, it's a longer document but it really is worth reading it in its entirety. It will save you from many surprises later!

This is the official guide. Don't stick to stuff "you read somewhere on the internet", this guide is the authority.

Thank you!

armando77

Feb 25, 2013
Just follow the checklist.
If it asks for BIOGRAPHICAL pages on your passport, it asks for biographical pages and nothing else.
There's also a list of acceptable proofs of language proficiency on the application page. See if your diploma qualifies there.

Good luck!

Thank you!

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012

Am I just being a bit of a hardass wondering why this particular aspect of the application is so difficult for people to follow? I mean, it's a document list that is VERY BLACK AND WHITE. At least I think it is.