+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents required in the border for the Study Permit (NON US)

neit003

May 25, 2011
Dear all,

I just got my documents from the Canadian embassy along with my visa.

However, it is written that I can receive my study permit only at the point of entry to Canada.
They say I need the following documents:
- my passport with visa (I have it)
- attached letter of authorization (I have it)
- admission letter from the university (I do not have it!)

I have send my admission letter to the embassy when I applied for the study permit.
And they did not return it to me. What should I show in the border in such a case??

Thanks in advance!

Papapee

May 31, 2011
Since it may be difficult to retrieve the offer letter from the Embassy, you should ask the University for a copy of the letter. That should be easy to obtain.

Questions:

Which of the Canadian Embassy in the U.S issued your visa and study authorization?

How long did it take?

I have sent my papers to the Detroit office and it is 33 days now and still waiting.

GS_Stud

Apr 6, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
neit003 said:
I have send my admission letter to the embassy when I applied for the study permit.
And they did not return it to me. What should I show in the border in such a case??
You do not need to show your original offer letter. If you had a xerox/scan copy of the letter, it will do good.

If you do not have even a xerox copy, please send a mail to your university/college and they will send you the offer letter again.

Which country are you from, and can you please share your timeline (Visa application submission, medical call, and actual visa received dates)?

- GS