+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents Required for Domestic Fees After Obtaining PR Status

barisbc

Feb 20, 2016
Hi everyone,

I am currently in Canada on a study permit and have an application in for permanent residency through the CEC stream. I received my AOR in March 2017 and hopefully will receive the PPR soon.

After I become a permanent resident, I will provide documents to my university in order to be eligible for domestic fees. Can anyone let me know exactly what documents I need for this process? Will the PPR document be enough, or will I need to submit scans of my processed passport and/or the PR card? I found the following block of text in my university's website, however can't be sure if the PPR document contains any of the following statements.

1. Students or their parents or spouse who are permanent resident applicants are eligible for domestic fees only if they have received communication addressed to the primary applicant from Citizenship and Immigration Canada which has one of the statements below:
or

"We have completed the initial assessment of your application and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview."

or

"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada, Your interview has been waived."

or

"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker class, or Canadian Experience Class, or in the Federal or Quebec Skilled Trades Program. Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of work experience in an occupation specified in the instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette. Your application will be (or has been) forwarded to a visa office for further processing."

I would appreciate your input

Thanks!

t3kids

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hi everyone,

I am currently in Canada on a study permit and have an application in for permanent residency through the CEC stream. I received my AOR in March 2017 and hopefully will receive the PPR soon.

After I become a permanent resident, I will provide documents to my university in order to be eligible for domestic fees. Can anyone let me know exactly what documents I need for this process? Will the PPR document be enough, or will I need to submit scans of my processed passport and/or the PR card? I found the following block of text in my university's website, however can't be sure if the PPR document contains any of the following statements.

1. Students or their parents or spouse who are permanent resident applicants are eligible for domestic fees only if they have received communication addressed to the primary applicant from Citizenship and Immigration Canada which has one of the statements below:
or

"We have completed the initial assessment of your application and expect to finalize your application without a personal interview."

or

"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada, Your interview has been waived."

or

"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker class, or Canadian Experience Class, or in the Federal or Quebec Skilled Trades Program. Based on a review of the information you have provided, your application has received a positive final determination of eligibility for processing on the basis of work experience in an occupation specified in the instructions issued by the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism and published in the Canada Gazette. Your application will be (or has been) forwarded to a visa office for further processing."

I would appreciate your input

Thanks!

I sent my COPR letter to my school. i will send the PR card when i receive it.