Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
I want to apply for Federal Skill migration. I am aware that i have to send application forms and other supporting documents to CIO,Sydney,Canda.I got the document checklist. On the checklist i found that i have to include visa office specific documents. Now, my visa office document checklist shows that i have to submit all application forms and other documents. Does it mean i have to send 2 copies of application forms,since CIO document checklist also requires Application forms?

cutemedo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Peshawar,Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think it will be good to ask ur visa office by mail as there is quite confusion about rules changed on 26 Jan 2010..

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I have the same confusion. Both CIO and VO specific Appendix A request ORIGINAL IELTS RESULTS. I have one sealed envelope and they do not want photocopies. How does one satisfy the requirements of Appendix A???

cutemedo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Peshawar,Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think its more related to common sense,u can have only one original result of IELTS,so attach one original result and tick in both forms! i think its not a problem,if u fulfill all the requirements of visa office specific check list i.e Appendix A,its enough ! Thats my perception,u can ask some senoirs also !

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
thanks for the reply. 1 more thing, do we need to send our documents again to our specific visa office according to new rule?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Just off the phone with Call Centre and as I understand it now....(whew!)
Follow CIO checklist and include COPIES of any additional docs requested in VO Specific Appendix A. Make 2 copies of all docs on CIO list only (1 for your files, 1 for VO at second stage). If you pass CIO checks you will be requested to send ONE COPY of the CIO docs and ORIGINALS of the Appendix A docs you copied to CIO.
What about the ORIGINAL IELTS being requested by both CIO and VO??? Send the ORIGINAL to CIO!! Keep a copy of it and attach a letter to VO stating you were told by Call Centre to send original to CIO. Does not need to be notarized or submitted in a sealed envelope.
There is no need to send any duplicate docs to CIO, which was the confusion I had on reading the instructions in both check lists. Hope this helps.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Pippin said:
Just off the phone with Call Centre and as I understand it now....(whew!)
Follow CIO checklist and include COPIES of any additional docs requested in VO Specific Appendix A. Make 2 copies of all docs on CIO list only (1 for your files, 1 for VO at second stage). If you pass CIO checks you will be requested to send ONE COPY of the CIO docs and ORIGINALS of the Appendix A docs you copied to CIO.
What about the ORIGINAL IELTS being requested by both CIO and VO??? Send the ORIGINAL to CIO!! Keep a copy of it and attach a letter to VO stating you were told by Call Centre to send original to CIO. Does not need to be notarized or submitted in a sealed envelope.
There is no need to send any duplicate docs to CIO, which was the confusion I had on reading the instructions in both check lists. Hope this helps.
So we need to send original IELTS, Original transcript & original police clearance certificate to CIO...and then if we pass CIO then we need to send the photocopies of IELTS, transcript & police clearance certificate not the originals, right?
1 more thing, how many photos we need to send to CIO?

Ahmad06

Star Member
Mar 31, 2010
send notarised copies of all documents except IELTS and PCCs (orignals)to CIO and 4 photos of each members in application...sealed envelops rule is not that trict u can send orignals without it.....dont send any document orignals other than stated above.