+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents needed for applying for work permit as you enter Canada?

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As soon as my LMO arrives, I'm going to apply for my work permit at the port of entry. I'm visa-exempt and have the option of doing so there. I want to make sure that I have all my documents handy when I'm there. The CIC website lists the following:

prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires,
show that you have enough money to take care of yourself and your family members during your stay in Canada and to return home,
obey the law and have no record of criminal activity (we may ask you to give us a police clearance certificate),
not be a danger to Canada’s security,
be in good health and have a medical exam, if needed,
not plan to work for an employer on the list of ineligible employers,
not have worked in Canada for one or more periods that total four years after April 1, 2011 (with some exceptions), and
give the officer any other documents they ask for to prove you can enter the country.

Exactly what other documents could they possibly ask for? I don't want to be missing any documents at the port of entry. Please help

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Umm, this has been up all day and I only have like 8 views. I really need help here. Please provide some if you can.

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
It is always better and advisable to apply for TWP either through online or paper and get the approval.

If you try it at port of entry and get refused, then you will have to travel back to your home country.

My suggestion, apply it online and get the approval first.

For online, you will be able to figure out what documents are required as you upload...

prasprime

Dec 16, 2013
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello stopDA,

I think these are the required documents apart from you specified:

Your Previous Job Experience Letter, Salary Slips, Bank Statements, You indent job offer letter, Employment offer and finally Your photograph with Canadian photo specification.

Which country are you from?

I hope, this would be helpful. :)

stopDA said:
Umm, this has been up all day and I only have like 8 views. I really need help here. Please provide some if you can.