+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

documents for the baby born outside Canada

memberK

Jun 6, 2013
Hi
I am Canadian citizen. My wife is in process of receving PR Card. She gave birth to our baby outside of Canada. So what is the process to bring my child to Canada?
How long the process will take,I mean with temporary documents? We will apply for citizenship for my baby later.
Thanks

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Most likely, if you're Canadian, then your baby is Canadian as well, unless your parents were Canadian by descent.
If your baby is Canadian, the easiest is to apply for the Certificate of Citizenship for your baby, as soon as possible as it might take a while. In your application, include the proof that you have applied for PR for your wife, hopefully it will then get processed faster. No guarantee though.

Once you have the Certificate, apply for a temporary passport for your child so he can go to Canada with you and the mother.

You can not add him on the application as he is already Canadian (most likely).

Check here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/rules/index.asp to see the rules about your child. then follow the directions on CIC website to get a certificate.
Good luck,
Sweden

semlay

Jan 13, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 27 2012
Nomination.....
DNA request-done march 2012
AOR Received.
October 20 2012
Med's Request
June 6 2013
Interview........
Waived
Hi,I am in the same situation might have to do DNA?????

memberK

Jun 6, 2013
Do I have to apply with Form CIT 0001?
can I say that I need it urgently?But I didnt find reasons on website:

Example of cases that may be processed on an urgent basis:

You need a citizenship certificate for imminent travel to or from Canada because of death or serious illness in the family.
You need a citizenship certificate to prove your Canadian citizenship status for employment.
You need a citizenship certificate to access certain benefits such as a pension, a Social Insurance Number, or health care.
Your application for a citizenship certificate has been delayed for administrative reasons that are not under your control.

What should I say then?

Korea2Canada

Mar 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05- 2013
Doc's Request.
18-11- 2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013
File Transfer...
30-05-2013
Med's Request
sent with app.
Med's Done....
03-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Its always good to apply for a childs citizenship cert. regardless of PR.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
memberK said:
Do I have to apply with Form CIT 0001?
can I say that I need it urgently?But I didnt find reasons on website:

Example of cases that may be processed on an urgent basis:

You need a citizenship certificate for imminent travel to or from Canada because of death or serious illness in the family.
You need a citizenship certificate to prove your Canadian citizenship status for employment.
You need a citizenship certificate to access certain benefits such as a pension, a Social Insurance Number, or health care.
Your application for a citizenship certificate has been delayed for administrative reasons that are not under your control.

What should I say then?
it says "for example" so they won't list all the reasons. Explain that you are in process of PR, and that because of the limited validity of your wife visa when issued you will need to be able to travel to Canada at short notice, and ask for an urgent processing. It might not work, but you can always try!
Sweden