+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents for health insurance

rhetorisch

Jun 12, 2008
Hello,
I want somebody to tell me what documents I need to submit for a health insurance plan. I would be going to Canada soon as the photo for my PRcard are not as per specifications and have been asked to submit the correct photo in person. Since I am going there I might as well apply for the health insurance plan.

Hope to get some valuable feedback. Thanks in advance

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Which province are you going? You can always find your answer in google.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhetorisch said:
Hello,
I want somebody to tell me what documents I need to submit for a health insurance plan. I would be going to Canada soon as the photo for my PRcard are not as per specifications and have been asked to submit the correct photo in person. Since I am going there I might as well apply for the health insurance plan.

Hope to get some valuable feedback. Thanks in advance
In most cases you need to be resident in the province. Is this a short visit ?

Health care
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/after-health.asp

rhetorisch

Jun 12, 2008
Yes Baloo, this is going to be a short visit. Its going to be a while before I go there for good. Why? Will that matter?

Steaky, I would be going to Toronto as I need to go that office specified on thge red letter to give my photos.
I do use Google quite often and do have some info, but expreienced people like yourself giving valuable advice is always more reliable.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rhetorisch said:
Yes Baloo, this is going to be a short visit. Its going to be a while before I go there for good. Why? Will that matter?

Steaky, I would be going to Toronto as I need to go that office specified on thge red letter to give my photos.
I do use Google quite often and do have some info, but expreienced people like yourself giving valuable advice is always more reliable.
I assume that you want to get your healthcare started.
Be aware that (in some cases) not only do you need to be resident in the province, but if you leave the province then you need to re-apply (times vary).

Is it Ontario that you are looking at?

To apply for OHIP, you must be able to answer 'yes' to the three questions listed below:

Is your main residence or home in Ontario?
During the first six months that you lived in Ontario, were you away less than 30 days?
Are you in Ontario for at least 153 days in any 12-month period?

Certain other conditions also apply.