+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Documents for express entry process

mansi14feb

Jun 7, 2018
Can I start the process of police verification and reference letter before receiving ITA? The date mentioned in the documents will be the prior one.....Can this be a problem?

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
Can I start the process of police verification and reference letter before receiving ITA? The date mentioned in the documents will be the prior one.....Can this be a problem?
For the country you are currently resident in, IRCC requires PCC's to be issued no longer than 6 months before you submit your e-APR.

So logically, it is better to wait and get a PCC as close to the date of submitting your e-APR (by applying for your PCC after receiving an ITA).
I am assuming your nationality is Indian, so you can pretty much get your PCC done in a Passport Seva Kendra in less than a week's time - provided your current address is the same as listed on your passport and you have no prior criminal record.

If you have resided in another country for over six months and never visited it again, then you could apply for it now and submit it with your application. At their discretion, IRCC may ask you for an updated certificate later.

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
I am staying in US from past 2 years.What about company reference letter
I don't know which city you reside in, but you can walk into any Indian HIgh Commission and get a PCC on the same day (if you have no priors).
Like @21Goose replied, work reference letters do not have any expiry date and are valid for your previous jobs - irrespective of how far back they were issued as long as they list all the criteria required by IRCC. For your current job, it is better to get a reference letter closer to the date of your e-APR.