Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
2013 (re-med)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
My wife received an email today from the Embassy in Manilla stating that they need addition information. They need 6 passport photos, which is no problem.
However, it also stated that they need proof of my intent of returning to Canada. I'm a Canadian citizen married to a Japanese. We currently live in Japan. When we applied for my wife's PR, we included a letter from my mother and sister stating that we plan on moving back to Canada ASAP. Any advice on what else I should send? We haven't booked our flights back to Canada as we did not know how long this whole process would take.

Any and all advice will be welcome!

J

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Hello,

there are a few things that you can send.
If you have started looking at moving companies, show that. Get a few quotes (from the internet), print them, and then send them to the embassy.
If you've been discussing by email your intention to return with friends and family, print that.
If you have a canadian bank account, get the proofs and send it.
If you will be hosted by your family, then get a letter from them saying that they know that you will return and are willing to help you settle.

You can also buy a fully refundable ticket. Buy it, print it, cancel it.
If you've been looking for jobs in Canada, then print the history from your browser to show it. If you've been talking to companies for future jobs, or realtors for apartments, then include proofs of that.

You could also do a timeline of steps that you know are needed to return to Canada.
For example: pick a date where you will move (get the quotations and plane tickets for that date). Then write a timeline explaining what you need to do in Japan to "close" everything before you move: give notice for your job, your flat, taxes issues, selling your car and furniture - anything applicable. Show that you have a plan for when you have a visa, and that you are indeed moving back.

Good luck,
Sweden

JRPW

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
2013 (re-med)
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Great! Thanks for the advice! I was going to send most, if not all, of the ideas you have suggested! Just wanted to make sure!

Cheers!

J
:D