+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOCUMENT REQUIRED: CSQ

mikaeru

Jun 9, 2014
Hello,

we received an email from CIC stating that if they don't receive the CSQ within 30 days, they might reject our application.
We've already sent our undertaking application to the MICC (august 26th) and they said the processing can take 5 weeks, so we think we should get it somewhere around sept 25th but...

Is there anything we can do to prevent problems ?
Also, will we receive the CSQ by mail (to the sponsor or sponsored??) and then need to ship it to CIC, or everything can be done by email?

thanks!

MrsHubby

Star Member
Sep 9, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2014
Nomination.....
SA - August 26, 2014
AOR Received.
(Havana Only) September 18, 2014
IELTS Request
CSQ - September 30, 2014
File Transfer...
September 18, 2014
Med's Request
August 26, 2014
Med's Done....
September 27, 2014
Interview........
Requested February 24, Appt. March 24, 2015
Passport Req..
March 24, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 24, 2015
LANDED..........
April 16, 2015
Any news on this? I have the same question.

Griffintown

Jun 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When in doubt (or if you would like the status of your request) call Immigration Quebec - that is what I have done and they answer all my questions.

I am still awaiting my CSQ but I have heard from others that they have received it 2-3 weeks after their credit card was charged (which is usually shortly after your apply). But call them to make sure they haven't put is aside or misplaced it. You can also explain the situation to them. I find it odd CIC is making such comments, you don't have control over MICCs functions.

Your CSQ will be mailed to you - it will be sent to the sponsors address - the one you gave in the CSQ application (not the sponsored person) - if you are in Quebec it will get to you quickly. MICC state on their website that they will transfer all necessary info to the visa office listed on the CIC sheet you sent them. Not sure any of this can be done by email.

But like I said, no harm in calling MICC - they are pretty good with their responses and it never takes me long to reach someone.

Good Luck!

BubbOZ

Star Member
Sep 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-11-2013
Med's Done....
With APP
Passport Req..
23-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2014
LANDED..........
24-01-2014
Once we received the CSQ by regular mail, we scanned it and emailed a copy of the CSQ to our CIC Visa Office. It doesn't hurt to email it to your VO since in some cases from out threads, the hard copy of the CSQ was never received.

We received our CSQ 2 weeks after our credit card was charged.

G'luck...

mikaeru said:
Hello,

we received an email from CIC stating that if they don't receive the CSQ within 30 days, they might reject our application.
We've already sent our undertaking application to the MICC (august 26th) and they said the processing can take 5 weeks, so we think we should get it somewhere around sept 25th but...

Is there anything we can do to prevent problems ?
Also, will we receive the CSQ by mail (to the sponsor or sponsored??) and then need to ship it to CIC, or everything can be done by email?

thanks!