+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document Checklist IMM 5533

AdaCanSponsor

Sep 19, 2023
On the Document Checklist, it says, "Information about Previous Examination(to be completed by the sponsor): The person I am sponsoring was declared as my spouse or partner and was already examined as a non-accompanying dependent when I applied for a permanent resident visa and did not receive an immigrant visa. (Note: If you have never applied for a permanent resident visa, answer no.)"
Is it okay to answer "no"?
My spouse wasn't declared my spouse when I applied for a permanent resident visa because I didn't have a wife then. But the Note is confusing me.
Please shed light on this matter.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
On the Document Checklist, it says, "Information about Previous Examination(to be completed by the sponsor): The person I am sponsoring was declared as my spouse or partner and was already examined as a non-accompanying dependent when I applied for a permanent resident visa and did not receive an immigrant visa. (Note: If you have never applied for a permanent resident visa, answer no.)"
Is it okay to answer "no"?
My spouse wasn't declared my spouse when I applied for a permanent resident visa because I didn't have a wife then. But the Note is confusing me.
Please shed light on this matter.
You're overthinking. You were not married when you applied before - so of course no.

People who have never applied to become PRs - a large class including citizens. Doesn't change your answer.

Reactions: AdaCanSponsor