+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Document checklist IEC working holiday

GreyObserver

Dec 19, 2016
Hi, can I upload my ID as a valid identification document for my working holiday visa instead of my passport? It has eveything they are asking for ( name, date of birth, document number, cityzenship, photo and expiry date). I do have a passport but i usually travel with my ID so i dont have it with me at the moment. Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
GreyObserver said:
Hi, can I upload my ID as a valid identification document for my working holiday visa instead of my passport? It has eveything they are asking for ( name, date of birth, document number, cityzenship, photo and expiry date). I do have a passport but i usually travel with my ID so i dont have it with me at the moment. Thanks
no because your IEC application will be tied to your passport which you must present when you land with your POE letter in order to get your actual work permit. In addition if from a visa exempt country your passport will be linked to an ETA as part of the application, mandatory to travel to Canada.

Any other form of id would not be recognised for this purpose either for IEC or travel into Canada.