+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DOCTORS ? -How do you succeed in Canada !!!

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
Hello all docs.

Researching on different forums & websites, I've come to a conclusion to this. Hope I'm correct.

Regarding alternative careers for IMGs in Canada, I think they have these options to pursue further down the road.

1) Clinical consultant for medical insurance companies

2) Jobs in pharmaceutical industry (e.g. clinical research coordinator/associate, research assistant, etc.). This requires a bachelor's in medicine. It's a very rewarding job, but prefers experience in clinical trial related field. If you have a master's in medicine, then you have better chances to succeed. PhDs make a lot of income from this job.

3) Health/Hospital management jobs (e.g. 16 months & 26 months courses are available in UofOttawa, UBC for MHA). This is also a very nice option if one is interested in some admin/managerial jobs. It's really a huge paying job.

4) Regulatory affair officers

5) Forensic health officers.

These are some of the options I've come across, although I might be not fully correct. But, this is what I've heard from other doctors, who know a little bit about job prospects for IMGs in Canada.

Yes, I know that practising medicine in Canada is really quite a tough task, if not impossible. But, these are the other career options that we can pursue. Don't be over-pessimist.

Will keep you all informed if I find anything regarding this.

Hope it helps as of now.

esos4real

Star Member
Apr 2, 2016
Hello all docs.

Researching on different forums & websites, I've come to a conclusion to this. Hope I'm correct.

Regarding alternative careers for IMGs in Canada, I think they have these options to pursue further down the road.

1) Clinical consultant for medical insurance companies

2) Jobs in pharmaceutical industry (e.g. clinical research coordinator/associate, research assistant, etc.). This requires a bachelor's in medicine. It's a very rewarding job, but prefers experience in clinical trial related field. If you have a master's in medicine, then you have better chances to succeed. PhDs make a lot of income from this job.

3) Health/Hospital management jobs (e.g. 16 months & 26 months courses are available in UofOttawa, UBC for MHA). This is also a very nice option if one is interested in some admin/managerial jobs. It's really a huge paying job.

4) Regulatory affair officers

5) Forensic health officers.

These are some of the options I've come across, although I might be not fully correct. But, this is what I've heard from other doctors, who know a little bit about job prospects for IMGs in Canada.

Yes, I know that practising medicine in Canada is really quite a tough task, if not impossible. But, these are the other career options that we can pursue. Don't be over-pessimist.

Will keep you all informed if I find anything regarding this.

Hope it helps as of now.
Nice, but do u know any immediate health jobs for doctors? Like care jobs we can do?

Aug 30, 2017
hello all !!!

I have completed my IELTS and i scored

listening : 5.5

Reading : 5.0

Writing : 5.5

Speaking : 6.0

over all : 5.5

can you please help me weather am eligible for PNP ?

UserName_19

Mar 11, 2018
Hi Everybody, I am practising as Emergency medical officer in medical college in punjab.I just sent in my first set of doc to cic canada and waiting for AOR. Cud any one please guide me as to whether i can take my mcc exam from india meanwhile the PR process completes in about a year i suppose.plz guide with details.
Hi I wanted to ask if you have completed the process of applying for job in Canada, Mu husband is trying to apply for job there. So wanted to ask what all hurdles and difficulties u faced.

saurabh2004

Star Member
Aug 29, 2017
If you are willing to join the Doctors Pathway Canada pls inbox me so I send the group link!

I will appreciate those inside Canada to join also, so we can all gain and share information
Need advise how to pursue my career, as i am a dentist from India.

sa83

Star Member
Jan 16, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
17-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
12-06-2018
how good are the fields like healthcare informatics or health administration or health analytics? which one would be better in terms of prospects? i m thinking of doing masters in any one of the fields. would like to know about schools, job prodpects and expected salaries.i m bds and mds (oral maxillofacial surgery) from india and recently became PR.

sba

Star Member
May 13, 2017
Dear Frienda
Does anyone know, if someone starts residency in USA, with J1 visa,and his PR card is expiring,
can he renew his pr card, without having residency obligation in Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Frienda
Does anyone know, if someone starts residency in USA, with J1 visa,and his PR card is expiring,
can he renew his pr card, without having residency obligation in Canada?
No, everyone is required to complete their residency obligation.