Med's Done....
12-03-2012, Recd by VO on 16-03-2012, Medical received line added 24-04-12
Passport Req..
14-May-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2012
drbasheerdow said:
Dear,

I received email from CIC that cap reached...question wen i will receive back my application
It takes 3-4 months to get back your application they send by normal post.

vpct

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2011
AOR Received.
May 2011
Med's Request
August 3, 2011
Med's Done....
August 26, 2011
Passport Req..
February 1, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 15, 2012
Ambreens said:
Congrats Sho78and best wishes for Basmallah.
Basmallah, can u pls clarify if only the medical degree and transcript are sent for verification to pcrc, and the fee would be charged for these only and not for the passport copy or other non medical documents?
hi there!
if you look at the PCRC website, the additional fee of CAD110 is for every MEDICAL DOCUMENT that you will verify. so that excludes the identification document.
for MCCEE and even for the CaRMS, you only need to have your medical degree (diploma) and medical transcript verified.
so for the PCRC account, you need to pay for the registration fee plus CAD220 (110 x 2). if you already have a license in your country of origin, there is no need to have your license certificate back home to be verified.
in my case, i also did a postgraduate internship here in the Philippines. however, i won't have my internship certificate verified through PCRC yet. the internship certificate verification will only be needed once you apply for the medical license in Ontario through the RCPSO.
hope this helps!

vpct

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2011
AOR Received.
May 2011
Med's Request
August 3, 2011
Med's Done....
August 26, 2011
Passport Req..
February 1, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 15, 2012
basmalahh said:
Yes, you don't have much time. You'll just have to do it there. Now that you know when you are leaving to Canada, try to get job interviews in that time. Apply as if you are there already & when you land an interview schedule it in July. Ofcourse preferrably something related to hospitals & medicine & if you were going to land in Ontario, go directly to HealthForceOntario once you are there. They even schedule study groups for MCCEE & would help you through the process.

Good luck to you dear. I am not yet in Canada.. I am an Egyptian currently living in Saudi Arabia & waiting for my medical requests. Pray for me..
yes, i've already registered in the HFO website. i will actually be attending a webinar (seminar online) by HFO for IMGs this Thursday.
i have already mapped out a timeline for myself in terms of getting my medical license in Canada, and of course for residency matching.
here it is:
October/November 2012 - open PCRC account and have MD degree verified
March 2013 - take the MCCEE
October 2013 - take the MCCQE1
January 2014 - take NAC OSCE
July 2015 - apply for CaRMS first iteration
March 2016 - hopefully i get a match for a residency position

what do you think with my timeline Basmallah? is it attainable? have you made your own timeline as well?
hopefully i will get through the financial barrier and be able to do this!

yes, my plan is to apply online around April or May. i have actually looked into several positions in the medical field such as clinical research associate, medical secretary, and physician assistant. I actually tried to apply in 2 jobs that I saw online but I got no feedback, which means I was not considered for the job.

goodluck to us Basmallah! will definitely include you in my prayers. I am looking forward to meet you there in Toronto. do update me once you've taken the MCCEE and also once you get your visa and land in Canada.

Ambreens

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
vpct said:
hi there!
if you look at the PCRC website, the additional fee of CAD110 is for every MEDICAL DOCUMENT that you will verify. so that excludes the identification document.
for MCCEE and even for the CaRMS, you only need to have your medical degree (diploma) and medical transcript verified.
so for the PCRC account, you need to pay for the registration fee plus CAD220 (110 x 2). if you already have a license in your country of origin, there is no need to have your license certificate back home to be verified.
in my case, i also did a postgraduate internship here in the Philippines. however, i won't have my internship certificate verified through PCRC yet. the internship certificate verification will only be needed once you apply for the medical license in Ontario through the RCPSO.
hope this helps!

Thank you vpct, i have been stalling registration with pcrc. Do you think its better to wait till landing or do it while waiting for ppr2? One thing more, have you started preparing for mccee and do you have any study partner? I wil go ahead and register with HFO , inspired by your post :)
Best luck to all of us!

art2012

Mar 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
london
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi vpct,
I have USMLE board verification of my degree certificate, do u think it will b usefull my any means for PCRC.
Although i doubt,checking the possibilty.
rgds

prism

Mar 12, 2012
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Apr 2010
Med's Request
March2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
hi,

plz count me in.I have also applied as NOC3112....look forward to get to know all of u and sharing and helping each other in this canadian dream.I m from pakistan.

Ambreens

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
prism said:
hi,

plz count me in.I have also applied as NOC3112....look forward to get to know all of u and sharing and helping each other in this canadian dream.I m from pakistan.
Hi prism, where in Pakistan are you? I am from khi. How far has your immigration process gone?

Ghani2004

Star Member
Jan 1, 2011
SURAT,GUJARAT,INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2011
AOR Received.
PER ON 31/05/11, 2nd AOR ON 16/08/2011
IELTS Request
SEND WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
RBVO-08/07/2011
Med's Request
PPR/MR/RPRF, IN PROCESS on 12/12/11,
Med's Done....
31/12/11
Interview........
waiwed
Passport Req..
12/12/11, received by NDVO on 09/01/12
VISA ISSUED...
visa issued on 31/01/12, valid till 22/12/12
LANDED..........
4TH DEC 12
vpct said:
yes, i've already registered in the HFO website. i will actually be attending a webinar (seminar online) by HFO for IMGs this Thursday.
i have already mapped out a timeline for myself in terms of getting my medical license in Canada, and of course for residency matching.
here it is:
October/November 2012 - open PCRC account and have MD degree verified
March 2013 - take the MCCEE
October 2013 - take the MCCQE1
January 2014 - take NAC OSCE
July 2015 - apply for CaRMS first iteration
March 2016 - hopefully i get a match for a residency position

what do you think with my timeline Basmallah? is it attainable? have you made your own timeline as well?
hopefully i will get through the financial barrier and be able to do this!

yes, my plan is to apply online around April or May. i have actually looked into several positions in the medical field such as clinical research associate, medical secretary, and physician assistant. I actually tried to apply in 2 jobs that I saw online but I got no feedback, which means I was not considered for the job.

goodluck to us Basmallah! will definitely include you in my prayers. I am looking forward to meet you there in Toronto. do update me once you've taken the MCCEE and also once you get your visa and land in Canada.
hi, can u please tell me what to study and how to prepare for that?, there is any book which is more useful?

prism

Mar 12, 2012
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Apr 2010
Med's Request
March2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
hi,
@ambreens...nice meeting u,m from lahore+faisalabad :D......thanks to Allah...I have got MR recently.what about u?

I wanna join all of u....not only before going n reaching there inshAllah but after getting over there....thats the way we can help,guide each other through each n every step.

I m planning to take MCCE...

vpct

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2011
AOR Received.
May 2011
Med's Request
August 3, 2011
Med's Done....
August 26, 2011
Passport Req..
February 1, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 15, 2012
hi ambreens,
as for me, i will be registering with PCRC once i am there since I still have to change my passport name to my married name. are you done with the medical exam already? if you want to be just in the safe side, why not register with PCRC once you get your PPR. but that's just me :) you can always register with PCRC anytime. anyway, they will store your credentials lifetime :)

my friends who already took the MCCEE said the "bible" for that exam is the Toronto Notes. it's quite a thick book - 1800+ pages! here in the philippines it's not available. you can buy from their website, but of course you have to pay for the shipment. or you can also buy the softcopy of the book if reading from a computer is more convenient for you.

as for me, I got the softcopy of the book and i printed some of the pages. right now, I am still reading the first chapter :) once i arrive in canada, i plan to buy the book there as it is very heavy.

goodluck with your application too!

Ambreens

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Hi prism and vcpt,
Vcpt itsnot just you, i have the same thing at the back of my mind, thats why i have been waiting for ppr2, fot getting pcrc registration. I have toronto notes and have been fumbling with it on and off. I got registered with hfo almost a year back, but ney dont send any emails or info regardig webinar and all. Where in Canada are you planning to land/stay?

Prism , you can start by getting toronto notes to get started, and some mcqs loke canada qbank , usmle world,kaplan ck 2 .

Best wishes for everyone !

vpct

Star Member
Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 26, 2011
AOR Received.
May 2011
Med's Request
August 3, 2011
Med's Done....
August 26, 2011
Passport Req..
February 1, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
February 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 15, 2012
Ambreens said:
Hi prism and vcpt,
Vcpt itsnot just you, i have the same thing at the back of my mind, thats why i have been waiting for ppr2, fot getting pcrc registration. I have toronto notes and have been fumbling with it on and off. I got registered with hfo almost a year back, but ney dont send any emails or info regardig webinar and all. Where in Canada are you planning to land/stay?

Prism , you can start by getting toronto notes to get started, and some mcqs loke canada qbank , usmle world,kaplan ck 2 .

Best wishes for everyone !
hi ambreens,
i will be landing in toronto this july. where did you get your toronto notes?
what country are you from? once you get your PPR, the embassy will send you an invitation to attend a CIIP seminar (but this depends on your country of origin. as far as i know it is given to those from china, philippines, india, etc.). that seminar is very helpful. they will give you advise as to what websites to go to for job search and for licensing specific to your occupation. i got my invitation to attend the HFO webinar from CIIP. but you could also request for an online meeting with a HFO consultant or counselor if you want information from them :)

Ambreens

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
vpct said:
hi ambreens,
i will be landing in toronto this july. where did you get your toronto notes?
what country are you from? once you get your PPR, the embassy will send you an invitation to attend a CIIP seminar (but this depends on your country of origin. as far as i know it is given to those from china, philippines, india, etc.). that seminar is very helpful. they will give you advise as to what websites to go to for job search and for licensing specific to your occupation. i got my invitation to attend the HFO webinar from CIIP. but you could also request for an online meeting with a HFO consultant or counselor if you want information from them :)
Hi vcpt,
I tried registering with ciip but itkept me from registering when i pressed submit button :-\ i guess i should retry. I got TN from a freind in Canada.

prism

Mar 12, 2012
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
Apr 2010
Med's Request
March2012
Med's Done....
April 2012
Hi,
@congrats vpct,u r almost done with ur immig process n gonna be moving soon to canada.

@ambreens,thanks so much for ur guidance.

one thing I wanna ask both of u is that PCRC registeration.....y cant u apply for that before PPR?

where in process is ur file ambreens?when do u plan to go for MCCE?