+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doc Preparation before ITA. Reference Letter from previous emp and PCC .

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi Peacekeeper87, I am in a pretty much similar position. I got nomination from Nova Scotia, and now at post-ITA period.

I showed 3 work experiences. I got reference letter from my direct supervisor, where i worked for 3 yrs 7 months. I took reference letters from colleagues (not supervisor) from my current and immediate past workstation. They have given me the letter on the company letterhead. There has been no mention that they are my colleagues. Also, they just stated that I worked there with annual salary, hours, duties. Should I mention this in my LOE? What supporting documents should I attach? Could you please let me know?
Oh you should definitely mention it. The rules clearly state that they need to be a supervisor or manager. If they're not, and your file is selected for extensive extra scrutiny, you may face some trouble.
Clearly explain why you weren't able to have your manager/supervisor sign the letter. Provide sufficient evidence that you tried to have them do so but refused. Basically, use any means necessary to show that you're not just taking a shortcut.

srshri94

Jun 14, 2021
Hi All,

I have applied for my reference letters from my previous employers. Even though I have just started planning for express entry. I may create my express entry profile after a year once I complete my IELTS and ECA. I have not created profile yet. I asked the reference letter just to avoid last minute hurdles.

Is it fine to have reference letter now and submit it later or the reference letters should be latest one ?

Have I done any mistake ? Can I use the same reference letter later on?

Note: I have not asked asked the reference letter from my current employer.