+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do you send the original offer letter to Quebec for CAQ or just the photocopy?

snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends,

I am from Bangladesh so I have to undergo Option 2 in Quebec Immigration system to apply for CAQ. After I receive my CAQ (or I guess they will fax it to Canadian Embassy in Bangladesh), then I have to apply with all my financial and other documents to obtain my study permit.

My offer letter is already posted, I will get it soon. I was wondering, should I send the original offer letter for CAQ or just a photocopy, as I still will be needing the offer letter to apply for study permit later.

Hope to get a authentic suggestion.

Thank you.

vafa

Feb 5, 2011
I dont remember exactly, but I think you should send the original one, in the normal case, the university sends to you 2 copies of the original letter, in my case I had 2 original copy, one of them I gave to CAQ the second for study permit, I kept for any case notarized copy of the original offer for myself for any case, when you receive visa they return your original offer , so you show it later in airport to have your original study permit, but as I said keep notarized copy for any case. good luck

danishali

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
I received 3 orignal copies of the admission letter from my university. One had printed on it " for QAC" the other one said: Immigration Canada" and the third one was for my own self. so dont worry.. U will receive atlease 2 orignal copies...send one for QAC its for them to keep... keep in mind that what every you send for QAC you will not get them back...

snake

Feb 10, 2011
Dhaka, Bangladesh
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy -Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you all, I got my acceptance letter today, there are three copies :D

One more little help bro, I am applying for CAQ online tomorrow and I fall under Option 2. After successful review of my file, I heard the Quebec Immigration will fax the response to my nearest embassy. My question is, will they send me a paper CAQ too? that I must attach in visa application? If yes, then how long does it take to receive CAQ via postage?

Thanks again.

danishali

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
on the QAC online application you will have to mention the embassy to which you will be later on applying for your study visa. If quebec approves your QAC, then they will send a fax of the acceptance to that embassy...

Now, when you submit the QAc application online, they will creat an online account for you to track its progress...once they approve it, the entire approval certificate will be available online immediately for you to download. What i did was I printed it and attached it to my study visa application.

I never received any certificate from them via post...I was just the print out that i had with me all the way even at the port of entry..so good luck with your visa buddy