+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

do you recommend sending extra documents with application?

momosalahi

Aug 8, 2016
is it recommended to send extra documents with your citizenship application?
by extra i mean the RQ/CIT05020 docs and proofs that they could potentially ask you to provide.

i have checked the RQ/CIT5020 questionnaires and i already have all those papers ready, why not sending them right away to avoid delay?

please share your thoughts, experiences or experiences of others that have done this?

i am about to apply and i'm thinking of doing this.

wishing you all the best of luck.

cheers.

tester78546

Dec 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Send where? Sydney office (the one you should send documents to) is not the office that will review your file. They won't resend your box of documents in the office that will contact you in future. Sydney office only creates an electronic version of your documents OR rejects your documents if something is missing.

Moe975

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is always advisable to only send what is requested only.

But prepare your file and take it with you to the exam and present it to the officer if required.

susann

Star Member
Mar 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
NOC Code......
0111 / 1111
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
june 2009
Doc's Request.
august 2009
AOR Received.
january 2010
Med's Request
march 2010
Med's Done....
march 2010
Passport Req..
april 2010
VISA ISSUED...
mai 2010
I would not recommend to send anything extra. I only sent what was required and I had no issues. Got Citizenship in less than a year, and my husband as well, and he only had a few days over the required days.

And here is why I would not recommend to sent anything extra.(This is just my personal opinion)
If I would be the officer, my first question would be: Why is he/she sending all the information that is not required? What is the person trying to hide? For me it would look like you are trying to distract with all the additional information from an issue. So I would dig deep into your file because of all the additional information.

Just my 2 cents

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
momosalahi said:
is it recommended to send extra documents with your citizenship application?
by extra i mean the RQ/CIT05020 docs and proofs that they could potentially ask you to provide.

i have checked the RQ/CIT5020 questionnaires and i already have all those papers ready, why not sending them right away to avoid delay?

please share your thoughts, experiences or experiences of others that have done this?

i am about to apply and i'm thinking of doing this.

wishing you all the best of luck.

cheers.
Been on this forum for years, I've read about mixed feedback on this particular question. While the general consensus is on "send what's required, no more and no less" several posters did mention they included more information and advised that their application went very smooth... Whereas others said that they thought this made the officer handling their case suspicious...

My humble two cents... No one really knows, it also depends a lot on whoever will be looking at your application. A cautious approach might be best (stick with what you're asked about).

Good luck!