+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Do you need a new medical exam for a BOWP if you were exempt when applying for PR?

canadaoioioi

Dec 3, 2023
I met the criteria to be exempt from providing a new medical exam during my PR application (current medical exam less than 5 years old). If I apply for a BOWP, am I still exempt from needing a new medical exam?

Feb 29, 2024
I met the criteria to be exempt from providing a new medical exam during my PR application (current medical exam less than 5 years old). If I apply for a BOWP, am I still exempt from needing a new medical exam? Dog Likes Best
Hello,

You do not need a new medical exam for a BOWP if you were exempt when applying for PR. The exemption criteria for a medical exam are the same for both PR and BOWP applications. However yo should be prepared to provide a copy of your previous medical exam results if requested by the immigration authorities. You should also note that your BOWP will only be valid until the expiry date of your medical exam.

I hope this answers your question helps you.

Best regards,
Stephen378Baker

Last edited:

Guri6060

Dec 30, 2023
Hello friends
Hope you are doing well,
What is processing time of BOWP????

Actually i applied on mid of December but still no update

thanks

canadaoioioi

Dec 3, 2023
Hello,

You do not need a new medical exam for a BOWP if you were exempt when applying for PR. The exemption criteria for a medical exam are the same for both PR and BOWP applications. However yo should be prepared to provide a copy of your previous medical exam results if requested by the immigration authorities. You should also note that your BOWP will only be valid until the expiry date of your medical exam.

I hope this answers your question helps you.

Best regards,
Stephen378Baker
I took the medical exam in 2021 and I believe they are only valid for 1 year. Does this mean that despite the current exemption policy, I need a new medical for BOWP?